Arm Pain after Breast Augmentation under arm scar? I am in week 4 post op and can barely stretch my arm, lots of pain.

Doc says my tendons have attached to my scar tissue. He says I need to press really hard on them and force my arm to stretch as much as possible. The other arm is fine and I cannot find other posts on the Internet about this. When he pressed hard on the scar, he felt a pop and asked if it felt better. It hurt so bad I couldnot tell. Now I have pain still between the elbow and armpit and now between the elbow and wrist. Help? Is this normal?

+1

This is one of the disadvantages of doing axillary incisions for augmentation - scar contracture in the axilla. In most cases this can be corrected or improves or time like 3 months.. But in other cases only a surgical release or steroidal injection can improve. Worse case there was entrapment of the nerves from the brachial plexus. Best to be followed closely til resolution.//

Tightness after Breast Augmentation with Trans-Axillary Scar

+1

Scar tissue can develop between the incision and the chest tendons. Massaging the area and an-inflammatories (if okay with your surgeon) help to decrease this process as much as possible. Time is also the best medicine. Numbness or pain can radiate on the undersurface of the arm if the local nerves are pinched or swollen as well. Practicing range of motion in the arm will also be helpful. Hope that helps.

Tripti Burt, MD