How Long Do I Have to Wait After an Arm Lift to Have Liposuction?

Promoted Local Answer Promoted local answers are based on Featured Doctor activity within your current location.

Arm Lift & Liposuction

+1

Thank you for your quesiton. Unfortunately it is someowhat unclear.  If the planned lipo is of the arms, I would waith a minimum of 3 months before proceeding to allow for swelling to resolve.  If it is of another area, as long as  you are healthy, you can proceed with your lipo procedure at your discretion.  Best wishes.

Web reference: http://www.bitarinstitute.com

Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Timing of Liposuction after Arm Lifting?

+1

I would suggest that you wait several months ( at least) before making a decision about the need for additional surgery of your arms. It may be that after this period of time you will decide that further surgery is not necessary. Waiting this period of time will allow for resolution of swelling and some skin contraction to occur.  Also, if scar revision surgery becomes necessary,  this procedure can be combined with the liposuction surgery as well.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_armLift.htm

+1

Assuming that the liposuction will be on the arm, you need to wait for healing of incisions to be satisfactory (minimum 6 weeks) and for the swelling to resolve which probably takes longer. If there is still swelling your surgeon will have a tough time choosing an end point.

If the liposuction is in another area, you need to wait until you have pretty good use of your arms for dressings and compression garments.

Thanks for the question, best wishes.