What Are the Possible Complications from Arm Liposuction?

I'm in my 20's and I'm considering liposuction of my arms. I'm 5'10" 155 lbs. Ideal weight. My concern is with as I age, will I have more chance of loose saggy skin because the fat was suctioned out? What are the possible complications with arm lipo? Will I possibly have uneven lump arms?

Usually, the younger you do liposuction, the better the skin tightens

+2

Arm liposuctions do great in most cases.  Having had liposuction doesn't make for looser flabby arms later in life. Cost is roughly $4000-5000 and well worth it.

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Arm liposuction

+1

As a young person, your tissues should probably retract pretty well. Of course, I could not be sure without a proper exam.

Complications of Liposuction

+1

Liposuction is an elective cosmetic procedure which should only be done in healthy patients.  Most of the complications that occur with liposuction occur when the patient is not appropriate for the procedure, the surgeon is inexperienced or the patient's expectations do not match what can realistically accomplished.  If you have extra fat, but good elasticity to your skin, then you are likely a good candidate.  If you have hanging skin or loose skin, then you might be better served with an abdominoplasty or body lift procedure.  If you post pictures, we may be able to give you more specific advice.  Good luck.

David Shafer, MD

Liposuction of the arms

+1

With any liposuction there are many potential side effects and complications, that despite rarely occurring should be discussed wtih you by your surgeon. Lumpiness, elevations and depressions can occur. Partial numbness and soreness, scarring and infection can occur. There are many others but the big question is if you're a candidate for liposuction with expected skin retraction or will it hang too much after liposuction. This is what you should learn during your consultation.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Possible Complications of Arm Liposuction

+1

Every surgical procedure is associated with unforeseen, unwanted events which we call complications. Liposuction may be associated with unevenness, loose skin, discoloration, damage to underlying structures such as blood vessels, nerves or lymphatics.

Arm Liposuction

+1

Irregularities or contour deformity is the main issue with liposuction of the arms.  As long as you have good skin tone now, skin sagging is not a main issue.  Sure things may go south and drop as you age, but that is part of aging, whether you do the lipsosuction now or not.

Hope that helps.

Farbod Esmailian, MD