Can I Get Arm Liposuction (And Potentially an Arm Lift) Before Reaching my Goal Weight? (photo)

I have pockets of arm fat that I find embarrassing. Short sleeves ride up and get stuck behind the pocket of fat. I've been slowly losing weight but I just don't want to wait to reach my goal weight before doing something about my arms. My right arm (shown in pictures) is worse than my left arm. Is it possible to get liposuction even though I am 5'9 and 270 lbs? I don't think weight loss will solve much of the issue as I had the issue even when lighter. I don't want to wait any longer!

Liposuction and Arm Lift

+1

Good luck with your upcoming surgery.  Hopefully you are getting an arm lift as part of the surgery to help with the skin.

Don't Wait For Goal Weight - Give Yourself An Arm And Emotional Lift Now

+1

Thank you for this important question.  Too many people set hard and sometimes impossible goals for themselves and don't give themselves a break (or in this case, a well deserved surgery).  Whatever got you to over 270 pounds may, in fact, have had something to do with low self esteem.  As you are in recovery now, give yourself little rewards.  They will help your appearance.  They will help your self esteem and give you that emotional uplift necessary to keep on going to the final weight goal.  

A Board Certified plastic surgeon experienced in brachioplasties can liposuction your arms and take out a portion of the skin which will probably be all your will need done on your arms.  However, if a second surgery is necessary once you lose more weight, you will only more skin resection since once the fat cells are gone, they are gone. 

Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Hello

+1

From your pictures it looks like you would benefit from a mini arm lift and some lipo. It’s very hard to give you more direct advice without seeing you and knowing your history.