Arm Lift or Thermage for Upper Arms?

I'm 27 years old and had loose/sagged upper arms and had been hiding them forever. I desperately want to get rid of them. Will Thermage treatment remove the "bat wings"? How much reduction can one probably get from Thermage treatment? By the look of my upper arms, is the skin too loose for Thermage or arm lift is the only solution? I'm worried bout the scar though. Minimal Incision Brachioplasty or Traditional Brachioplasty?

Upper arm Thermage

+1

Thermage is the only non-surgical option available for your upper arms.  Thermage will not, however, give you the results that surgery will give you.  It also will not give you the scars!  I am a Plastic Surgeon who performs Brachioplasty as well as Thermage- differnet I would assume than facial plastic surgeons who are a subspecialty of Ear, Nose & Throat Surgery.  You will absolutely get some improvement from Thermage but it will be mild and you need to decide if that will make you happy.  As most of your fullness is near your axilla (armpit) you are a candidate for a short scar (armpit incision) brachioplasty.  I think this is your best option...although Thermage should give you some noticable change.

Arm Lift or Thermage for Upper Arms?

+1

Minimal incision Brachioplasty is your best option which is done in the axilla together with liposuction. The latter is not so much for fat removal but causing skin irritation to achieve better redraping of the skin.

Mohsen Tavoussi, MD, DO
Huntington Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Effects of Thermage are subtle at best

+1

You are not a good candidate for Thermage - do not waste your money.  Thermage results are very subtle - and candidate selection is key.  Ideal candidates are those who are otherwise thin and have some very minor skin laxity they are looking to tighten mildly and improve skin tone.  

Sam Naficy, MD

Arm lift patients tend to be very happy.

+1

Hi.

Floppy arms are among the things that drive women crazy. So a well done arm lift is usually very successful.  The scar is long but hidden on the inside.  And nothing else will help you.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)