Has anyone with a arm lift had this problem? (photo)

I had arm lift 6 months ago and although Iove the way they look, I still have swelling. Its bad enough that when i bend my elbow you can see a crease In my upper arm. When my arms are to my side it (feels) like a fat roll is still there but i know it is the swelling. Can any of you doctors tell me if this is normal? I showed my PS and he says it just takes along time. Is there something else I need to do about this. 6 Months is along time to me. I will try to add a picture for you of each arm.

Has anyone with a arm lift had this problem?

+2

There are some patients who have a natural cleavage plane at this point that is almost impossible to correct. If you did not have this prior to surgery, then I think the likelihood is that it can be improved. However, giving it more time is not unreasonable.

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/Armlift--Brachioplasty--Photo-Galleries.php

Arm Lift

+2
Are you wearing a garment I have seen permanent creases from people wearing the garment for too long if this is the case stop wearing the garment and see what happnes.

+2

Thank you for the question and pictures. Your concerns are understandable. The “band” that you demonstrate is a result of the arm lifting procedure. Because of the skin removed during the procedure there is tension in the area of banding when your arm is flexed. At this point, I would not suggest surgical intervention; I would agree with your plastic surgeon that ongoing time and possibly massage of the relatively tight area may be helpful.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_armLift.htm

+2

The diagnosis is iatrogenic banding. In other words the incision in the mid area of the brachioplasty was done to tight thus on arm flexion a skin banding occurs. Options are either surgical z plast releases or nano fat grafting with riggotomies along the banding.