Should I Get an Arm Lift or Laser Lipo? 28 Year Old Female. (photo)

I’m a 28 year old female, 5’3”, and approximately 145 lbs. I’m of island decent, and my arms have always been significantly bigger than most. They’re not proportionate to the rest of my body. I have an appointment set for Laser Lipo (the one where the doctor actually inserts a cannula in my arm), but now I’m concerned about having saggy skin after all the fat is removed. Would I be better off just getting an arm lift?

Arm contouring

+1

based on your photos, it appears you would likely benefit from arm lipo. you are young. with proper compressive therapy, your skin should shrink down.  but a formal physical exam with a board certified plastic surgeonis needed to make any recommendations.

Arm contouring

+1

Its difficult to evaluate your arms from your photos alone.  But based on just the photos, I would likely suggest you would benefit from liposuction of your arms.  A physical exam is needed to make any formal recommendations.  Please visit with a PS who is a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons to learn more about your options.

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Arm Lift Surgery or Laser Liposuction

+1

A consult with a plastic surgeon can determine whether arm liposuction alone can be performed and or arm lift procedures (brachioplasty) is necessary to rejuvenate your arms.  Arm lift procedures are performed when there is moderate to severe skin laxity.

Craig Mezrow, MS, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Arm Contouring Alternatives

+1

An arm lift, or brachioplasty, is a very powerful technique to improve the contour of the arm, and in conjunction with liposuction, can make significant changes.  It comes at a cost of a long scar, usually on the inner arm, and has the potential of being fairly noticeable. Brachioplasty therefore is usually reserved for people who have lost a significant amount of weight or have unusually loose or abundant skin.  This technique does not appear to be a good option for you based on your photo.

Regardless of what some might say, there are currently no valid scientific papers that show that laser therapy combined with liposuction (e.g. SmartLipo) produces better results or more noticeable skin tightening.  This same argument was being made by the makers of ultrasonic liposuction 20 years ago, and to this day, the same can be said for them: nothing can produce a better result or tighten skin more than standard liposuction. 

As for external devices for skin tightening that use radio frequency or ultrasound, the same is true. No clinically improved results.

The key to improving the contour of your body is not with some machine, its the skill and expertise of the surgeon that makes the difference. That is why it's so important to go to surgeons that have been properly trained then certified by the ABPS, and are members of the ASAPS, indicating their specialization in aesthetic surgery.

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Should I Get an Arm Lift or Laser Lipo? 28 Year Old Female.

+1

Only IN PERSON examination allows a definitive response! But my choice is always laser lipo First. In fact I combine Laser Lipo (SmartLipo Triplex blend 3) with ThermiTight RF 

NO Armlift

+1

Thank you for your photographs. You're not a candidate for armlet. If your physicalism fashion shows that you have excess fat and liposculpture Mitsubishi option. You're young and the skin should respond well. Please seek consultation from board-certified plastic surgeons for the best treatment plan.

Dr. Es

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Arm Lift versus Liposuction

+1

Dear marieb0972,

Liposuction and/or an arm lift are excellent ways to sculpt the arms.

Liposuction alone is best suited for individuals with excess fat and little to no extra skin. If you have a significant amount of loose or extra skin, then a partial or full arm lift may be advisable.

Judging from your photos, you may be a potential candidate for liposuction alone. However, giving you a more definitive opinion is impossible without an examination and discussion of your goals and concerns.

With regard to liposuction, please keep in mind that the skill and experience of the surgeon performing the procedure is by far the most important factor to consider. The technique used (eg. laser liposuction, ultrasonic liposuction, power assisted liposuction, tumescent liposuction, liposculpture, liposuction, etc.) is secondary.

Please see an experienced, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to discuss your concerns.

Warmest wishes,

Larry Fan, MD

Larry Fan, MD

Arm liposuction candidate

+1

It would seem that you would be a good candidate for liposuction of the arms.  Laser liposuction or SmartLipo may be an alternative.  I am not sure that SmartLipo would be of an particular benefit for you. 

Arm Lift or Liposuction Surgery for Arms?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures. One option that you do not mention in your question is avoiding surgery altogether. I would share your concerns about the potential for “loose skin” or irregularities after liposuction surgery. On the other hand, I think that arm lifting is overkill ( and the scars not worth the improvement achieved in contour).

Be careful about your decision-making. Best wishes.

Arm Lift

+1

Based on your age and the pictures posted, it seems that liposuction is your best alternative to avoid a long scar on the arm.