Arm Lift and Lipo Issues. Right Arm is Gushing Liquid, Normal?

I had a arm lift and lipo My left arm came out good, besides a little extra skin that my dr will be removing. My right arm on the other hand was a total mess and still is three weeks after. I am finally getting a good range in motion but last night when I removed the bandage brown liquid came gushing out. My bathroom looked like a crime scene. My dr said it was normal but this am that arm really hurt. Is this normal? when will the pain from the lipo go away and why do I still have love handles?

Fluid drainage following arm lift surgery

+1

Thanks so much for your question.  It sounds like you may have had a hematoma that drained last night and caused the brown fluid to come out from your incision.  However, you also want to make sure that it isn't something more concerning like an infection.  I would go back to your surgeon and have them explain what they think the brown fluid is and when it will stop draining.  If it is a hematoma then it wasn't a bad thing that it drained but have them be more specific.

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Arm Lift Complication?

+1

The description of your healing after arm lifting surgery is not “normal”. The “brown liquid” you describe is concerning. I would be worried that you are experiencing an infection. Follow-up with your plastic surgeon as soon as possible for evaluation/treatment.

Draining arm lift

+1

Your situation is not normal.

• Pain and copious brown drainage is not normal 3 weeks after an arm lift.
  • You quite likely have an infection.
  • Call your surgeon immediately. If you were my patient, I would see you today.

Why love handles after liposuction? You may still be swollen. It takes months for liposuction swelling to subside. 

But you need to take action to sort out what is going on with your right arm lift. 

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD