Arm Fat and Loose Skin? (photo)

Hello, I´m a 24 year old woman from Mexico, I´ve had big arms all my life and my weight has fluctuated since I was a kid, so I also have loose skin on my arms. Do you think my arms would look better with a liposuction and maybe an axillary arm lift? I´m also interested on breast augmentation since I have small breast that look even smaller with my big arms! but my breast have also suffered from my weight changes, will breast implants improve their looks? Thank you for your answers

Arm contouring options

+1

It is hard to give you a recommendation without direct examination.  If you do have hanging skin, brachioplasty (arm lift) will give you a good contour.  However, it will have scar.  Depending on your need, the scar can be elbow to armpit or confined around the armpit.  If you have a mild laxity, liposuction/laser may help.  It will be best to be examined by a board-certified plastic surgeon.  Best wishes.

Treatment for arms

+1

Its difficult to evaluate your arms from your photos alone.  But based on just the photos, I would likely suggest you would benefit from liposuction of your arms.  A physical exam is needed to make any formal recommendations.  Please visit with a PS who is a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons to learn more about your options.

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Arm and breast contouring.

+1

Only an in person exam would suffice in making a final decision but it looks like your skin is of good quality.  I don't see any stretch marks or wrinkling.  I think upper arm liposuction may serve you very well. 

As for your breasts, you would likely get a very nice result from a breast lift which could reshape your breasts, decrease the size of your areola and also position the location of your areola over over the center of the breast mound.  And this can be done with just shifting the areola, not actually cutting it off and pasting it back on.  (That, by the way, is a common misperception of brest lift).

It is super important to be at a stable weight before and after surgery.  Otherwise your result will be compromized. 

Lisa L. Sowder, MD

Arm Improvement Surgery

+1

Liposuction, Arm lift or Both - Many factors to consider

Thanks for submitting you photo. Although an exam would also be required for the best opinion, I would opt for just liposuction and see how things go. As you are young you should have some significant skin retraction which will be helped by wearing an elastic garment postoperatively. You will definitely get significant improvement. If for any reasons you still want further refinement then I would seek the opinion of a board certified plastic surgeon. A breast augmentation at the same time would be feasible and each procedure should complement the other.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Arm Fat and Loose Skin - Lipo or Arm Lift?

+1

The skin envelope you have appears to be good enough to tolerate liposuction alone.  Axillary lifts give good results in very few people.  If an axillary lift works, you may not have needed it in the first place. 

With regard to the breasts, you need an augmentation and a lift.

Arm lipo vs lift.

+1

Thanks for sharing your story. You have some volume on the arms in a typical location. Your skin looks healthy and the volume is not great. You are borderline and at this point. You may choose from liposuction or arm lift. There's no clear cut answer, but I suspect liposuction would work nicely and with the quality of your skin get nice some improvements without a large scar. The arm lift will work too, but you may not need it now more in the future. Discuss all these options with a local plastic surgeon. Best of luck, Dr. Aldo.

Aldo Guerra, MD

Arms and Breasts

+1

Lifts on this famously wobbly part of the human anatomy—known familiarly as “Hi Janes” or “Bingo” arms—are particularly popular. Heavy and even moderately droopy arms can be recountoured very effectively with liposuction. Liposuction modifies volume by sucking out fat and because liposuction stimulates the skin to tighten, good elasticity provides a smooth contour after fat is removed. The procedure takes about an hour, the recovery takes just a couple of days, and there's virtually no scarring. I use several innovative forms of liposuction, including SmartLipo, in order to contour and resculpture the area while providing the most beautiful results with minimal scarring. SmartLipo, used in combination with other forms of liposuction or alone, is a procedure that uses laser light to liquefy fat and tighten the surrounding skin. Liposuction as an outpatient procedure under I.V. sedation can easily reduce the bulge that some people have in their abdomens.

For the loose skin of your arms, Thermage® is now a safe, non-invasive, cosmetic procedure that’s clinically proven to help smooth, tighten and contour skin for an overall younger looking appearance. The treatment delivers natural looking results with little to no downtime —on all skin colors, on and off the face, all in a single procedure. Fast and easy, you can even come in during your lunch break and return to work after!

Thermage® uses radiofrequency technology to heat the deep, collagen rich layers of your skin. The heat helps tighten existing collagen and stimulate the formation of new collagen, which reduces sagging, renews contours, and improves the smoothness and texture of the skin’s surface.. On the body, Thermage® can treat wrinkled, crepe, sagging or bulging skin as well as the appearance of cellulite.

As for your breasts, did you know that it is now possible to enlarge your breasts without resorting to implants!  Specially prepared fat taken from another part of the body, such as the stomach or hips, is placed under the breast tissue to provide increased breast size without the need for artificial implants. The technique is called autologous fat transfers and autologous simply means "your own." And who doesn't have a little fat to spare?

Michelle Copeland, MD, DMD

Arm and breast issues

+1

Arm: I think an axillary lift is not likely to accomplish much in the way of improvement. Liposuction will remove some bulk, but may may your skin even looser, so a traditional long incision will work best. You will need to look at some photos of the scars to decide for yourself it that is a good trade off for you. 

Breast: You will do will to have a breast enlargement, but will also need to consider a breast lift to correct the breast shape. 

Consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon can help answer your questions far better than any on-line consultant. 

Thanks and best wishes.

Best Operation for Arms and Breasts?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Yes, I think you will do well with armlifting as well as liposuction surgery of the upper arms. How much of an excision (and resulting scar) will be necessary will depend on findings during physical examination. In my opinion, the “axillary arm lift” tends to be over utilized and may leave you dissatisfied with the results of surgery.  Keep in mind the significant downside of the arm lift operation: scars,  that can be problematic and potentially require revisionary surgery.

Your breasts demonstrate some of the characteristics seen with constricted breasts (tuberous).  Breast augmentation surgery alone will increase the size of the breasts but will not necessarily change the overall shape;  some degree of breast lifting may be necessary to achieve the results you are looking for.

I would suggest that you meet with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons; ask to see lots of examples of their work. Communicate your goals in regards to the arms and breasts.  Consider carefully the pros/cons as well as potential risk/complications associated with any operation being offered.