Asymmetry Breast Augmentation 11 Days Ago? (photo)

I had a breast lift and augmentation 11 days ago. I had pretty significant asymmetry pre-op, and my surgeon went with 250cc on the left breast and 325 on the right. I know that it is still very early, but in the photo with two photos in one, the top picture is from about 5 days ago and the bottom picture is from today. It looks as if it's getting even smaller with time. This is very worrisome. Has anyone seen this happen before?

Give it time

+1

Hello. 11 days is not near enough time for the implants to.Your implants will not settle for about another three to four months and I would not be too worried about your outcome until then. Until then the best thing you can do to help them settle would be to massage and continue using any compressive dressings your surgeon had provided

Jaime Perez, MD
Breast Augmentation Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Web reference: http://www.jaimeperezmd.com/photogallery/breast-augmentation-7001

Asymmetry after augmentation and lift.

+1

After only 11 days, it is way too early to tell what your end result will be. The breasts often heal at a different rate. I would suggest you discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeon. 

+1

First you are only a few weeks from surgery for asymmetry with ptosis. To me the posted photos look very good. Best to discuss with your chosen surgeon in person. But I might warn you that this appears as a goos early result. 

Asymmetry Breast Augmentation 11 Days Ago?

+1

Thank you for your question and for the photos. It looks to me that you have had, so far, a nice outcome. I find the photo at 11 days looks considerably better than does the 5 day photo as the implants have dropped. 

It is correct that it is early, and many changes in swelling and implant position occur during healing.I think you are on course for a nice result.

All the best. 

ASymmetry of breasts

+1

At 11 days out from surgery it is too early to tell what is going on. Most of what you see is probably due to swelling.

Breast asymmetry can be well corrected.

+1

Hi.

1)  You have a rather good result with some residual asymmetry.

2)  Wait six months. I have a feeling that you will be satisfied then.  If not, a touch up will do it.

Asymmetry 11 Days Post-Op Breast Augmentation with Lift

+1

There is no question it is much too soon to concern yourself with asymmetry. Your breasts will change over the next several months. I recommend you relax and make sure to go all your follow up visits. 

Breast Lift and Augmentation and Shrinking Breast

+1

At 11 days following breast augmentation and lift, the swelling may be playing a very significant role.  The breast volume discrepancy should be improved given the implant differences.  Asymmetric swelling is probably most likely.  Another thing to consider is possible implant rupture.  An exam can help with these issues, and your plastic surgeon is in the best position to evaluate this.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/breast-augmentation-photo-galleries.php

Asymmetry after Breast Augmentation/Lifting Surgery?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

You are very correct in that (11 days out of surgery) it is much too early to evaluate the results of the procedure. I have seen breast  size/shape “fluctuate” significantly over the course of several days;  I think much of this fluctuation is probably related to asymmetric resolution of swelling or asymmetric breast implant  “settling” in many cases.

Of course, your plastic surgeon will be your best recourse when it comes to identifying the  potential cause of the change  in breast size that you are concerned about;  given your concern, you may want to request an earlier than scheduled follow-up.

Otherwise, I would suggest continued patience;  avoid looking at the breasts on a daily basis and allow yourself 3 to 6 months before evaluating the end results.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastLiftAug.htm