Ulthera for my neck (Photo)

Does Ulthera really help to tighten and lift the area under the chin and on the rest of the neck? I understand it doesn't replace a facelift. I was told by an esthetician that lipo wouldn't really do any good as it appears I have more muscle than fat under my chin. Also, does it matter how far up over the jawline the Ulthera is done? And do I need to worry about how many lines the esthetician does and where?

Ultherapy to firm the chin & neck

+2
Yes, ultherapy can help to tighten and lift the skin in the face, jowls and neck area. As with many cosmetic treatments, there is a degree of variability in the outcome. Some patients get impressive results, some less so. I review this data with every patient before they decide to proceed. It is an FDA approved non-surgical option to firming underlying skin and tissue. We offer full face and neck treatments or partial treatments (from the cheek bones down to the neck). During a consultation, either our Registered Nurse and Medical Aesthetician or I will tell you which treatment option would work best for you. During ultherapy treatment, the ultherapy hand piece is carefully and methodically placed onto each area of the skin. Pulses of energy penetrate the deep layers of the skin causing contraction of the tissue. Ultherapy treatment typically lasts around two years. Follow up treatments may be needed in order to maintain results. Ultherapy treatment is done in the office and takes approximately an hour and a half for partial treatment and two hours for full face and neck.I hope that you find this information useful!

Pittsburgh Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ulthera for loose neck

+2
Ulthera is very good for tightening loose neck tissue and jowls.  It works best on people who do not have a huge amount of laxity. You are correct that it does not replace a facelift, but is the best option for people who do not want or can not have a surgery.  IT takes about 6 months to see the full result so you have to be patient.  Even if you have some fat you can get some tightening.  If you have a lot of heavy muscle, you may never get a nice sharp angle to the jaw.  If you do have fat, some liposuction can be done after ulthera to remove that and improve the result.   

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon

Ultherapy for Neck

+2
It is difficult to provide a precise assessment without an in-person examination, however, I can tell you that we have had great results with our clients who have loose skin under their chin and neck similar to yours. As you mentioned it is important to realize that Ultherapy does not replace a surgical face and neck lift, and its results are not as dramatic. Depending on your goals and expectations you may require more than 1 Ultherapy treatment to achieve a satisfactory lifting and toning of your neck skin. At a minimum you would require a lower face and upper neck treatment, and the full neck may need to be included to fully tighten the neck. Do not concern yourself with a set number of lines. Each treatment should be tailored to each individual in order to best address their concerns. Hope this helps.

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon

Ultherapy for the neck

+1
Ultherapy is a great, non-invasive solution for treatment of the neck and the area under the chin. Ultherapy is a safe procedure because the energy can be precisely targeted to the layer where it is most beneficial for tightening and lifting. The targeted ultrasound energy encourages your body to make collagen. Ultherapy encourages your body to produce collagen which you bank. You will look better in two years, than if you would if you did not have Ultherapy..

Andrew T. Lyos, MD, FACS

Ulthera for my neck (Photo)

+1
Yes, Ulthera can tighten and lift the area under your chin and the rest of the neck without surgery. 

Daniel Shapiro, MD

Ulthera for the neck?

+1
Yes, Ulthera can tighten the skin under your chin and the rest of your neck. However, I would recommend ThermiLift over Ulthera for this particular procedure. ThermiLift is a brand-new FDA-approved product that uses state of the art technology to "melt" ft and tighten skin on the lower face, jowls, and neck. ThermiLift is the perfect non-toxin alternative to injectable neurotoxins that eliminates or significantly reduces frown line and wrinkles, and with immediate and longer lasting results.

Carlo Honrado, MD, FACS

In your particular neck problem, there is a lot of fat which would do better with laser lipo or Thermi-Ras then Ulthera.

+1
With my 4 years of experience with the Ulthera, I don't think that you will be happy with it's results for your problem.  There is too much fatty tissue for the Ulthera to be effective.  I think that you need to remove the fat with liposuction, preferably laser lipo (because of the skin tightening effects) or Thermi-Ras which uses RF to destroy fat and tighten.  For more info on Ulthera, see my video and blog.  Steve Weiner, MD, Facial Plastic Surgeon.

Steven F. Weiner, MD