Going Back to Work After BBL?

About how many days should I take off of work if Im having the BBL surgery? Is a week long enough or is more time needed? ( I understand that I can not sit for 10-14 days )

Take a week of for BBL

+1

One week is standard for BBL in my practice.  Some people go back earlier, especially if they don't have to is all day at their job.  

Los Gatos Plastic Surgeon

Going Back to Work After BBL?

+1

A week is probably OK with a conservative buttock augmentation of 600 cc to 800 cc per buttock.  If you are going in the 1200 cc to 1800 cc per buttock range, you may need 10 to 14 days.  I perform about 500 Brazilian buttlifts each year, and this procedure is the most surgeon dependent plastic surgery procedure.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Working after a bbl

+1

In general the longer you can take to get near the 2 week mark is better.  If you can do non strenuous work that does not require sitting for long periods then returning earlier may be reasonable.  In general it's better in my experience to ask for more time off than you might need and return to work earlier if your feeling up to it rather than not having enough time off to be healed.  Hope that helps, best Dr K

Mahlon Kerr, MD, FACS