If I do crunches and then get lipo, will I come out with a six pack?

Ok, so my understanding is that fat grows over muscle and if you just do crunches, you will never see the "six pack" until the fat is gone that is covering muscle. So my question is "If I do crunches and then get lipo, will I come out with a six pack? .... Also if I do crunches, will it make it too hard to get all the fat out with the lipo?

Crunches + Lipo = 6 Pack

+1
Good question! Your understanding of fat and muscle placement is correct. Six-pack abs can be achieved with a healthy diet, cardiovascular exercise for fat reduction, and abdominal strength training for muscle tone. Liposuction can help speed up the process. When coupled with a balanced exercise regimen (as soon as your surgeon gives you the go-ahead), liposuction can create striking results. Having strong abdominal muscles will not affect the safety or effectiveness of your liposuction procedure. In fact, people who are in good physical condition often have smoother, shorter recoveries than people who aren't.

San Ramon Plastic Surgeon

Both crunches and lipo can really get the tummy looking good.

+1

Whether you do crunches 1st or lipo 1st, makes no difference. Eventually you will get the abs looking a lot better but you should do both. Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Six pack after lipo

+1

Yes, if you really develop your abdominal muscles with crunches, and then get lipo to leave a small layer of fat on the muscles below, the six pack should then be visible.

Christopher J. Davidson, MD, FACS
Wellesley Plastic Surgeon

Getting an"sixpack"requires muscle development and defend the skin and fat covering.

+1

the answer to your question is yes. With hard work to develop the abdominal muscles and removal of fat to expose that development is body feature can be created.

+1

If your body fat is low enough then you will be able to see the muscles. Liposuction results are highly surgeon dependent. Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of liposuction procedures each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA