My husband has these wrinkles really bad under his eye. Will Botox or fillers work to smooth out? Or any other suggestions??

Easy Fixes

Hello there,

Most of the wrinkles that I see in this photo appear to be large, extended versions of what we call "crows feet." These can extend all the way to the edge of the face and down the cheeks. 

Luckily, they CAN be significantly improved. From what I can tell in this photo, I believe the best course of action would be an initial injection of Botox around the eyes. Please, please, keep in mind that while many clinicians are trained in injecting Botox into the forehead and glabella, peri-orbital injections are best left to experienced dermatologists or plastic surgeons. This is because you need a clinician who has a very good working knowledge of the facial anatomy and musculature, so as to avoid eye drooping and irregularity. I have seen this all too often in my practice. 

After a modest amount of injections around and under the eyes, if significant wrinkles remain, your husband may need to think about injections to fill the actual lines. For this area, I recommend something light, such as Restylane. He may also see significant improvement with a laser treatment, specifically the Fraxel re:store.

Best of luck to you both!

Sincerely,
Dr. Cameron Rokhsar & Molly Murray, PA-C