I Am 12 Days PO. The Bottom of my Stomach (Below Belly Button) is So Hard and Numb. Normal?

Hard and Numb after Tummy Tuck

+5

Although hardness and numbness is the norm after tummy tuck at this early stage, any concerns for fluid collection, infection, or increased pain should merit exam.  A physical exam by your surgeon could alleviate your concerns.

Numbness after tummy tuck

+3

During a tummy tuck procedure all of the skin and fat below the belly button are separated from the nerves that give them sensation.  This will cause this area to feel numb in almost everyone for a period of time.  Most of this sensation will return over the next 6 months.  The hard feeling that can develop in this area is a product of swelling in most people and should resolve with time as well.  If the area starts developing redness, worsening swelling, foul smelling discharge, fevers or chills then I would call your surgeon immediately.  Otherwise, this is normal post-op swelling.

Numbness and Hardness 12 days post Tummy Tuck. Normal?

+2

You are very early in your post operative course.  Numbness between the umbilicus and the incision is normal and usually will improve.  It may not get completely sensate.  The firmness is most likely from swelling.  If you have any questions at all, do not hesitate to call your Plastic Surgeon.

Web reference: http://www.jjrothmd.com/procedures/tummy-tuck-abdominoplasty

Hardness and numbness after tummy tuck

+2

It is quite common for patients to have numbness and hardness during the early post-op phase. This usually gets better with time.

Hard and Numb.

+2

Most of the nerves giving sensation to the abdominal skin are divided during the operation, and numbness is the rule. Some to most sensation usually returns over the course of a year. An explanation of the hardness can be made only with a physical exam, so a call to your surgeon and a visit is in order. 

Thank you for your question, all the best. 

Tummy Tuck Surgery in Los Angeles

+1

Recovery from a tummy tuck may include a period of time with residual swelling and numbness.  Having performed many tummy tucks, I would recommend that you wait as this is likely normal.  Raffy Karamanoukian, Los Angeles

Web reference: http://www.surgery90210.com/body/8/abdominoplasty.aspx