Will High Profile Implants Give Me a Rounder Upper Pole? (Photos)

I am trying to achieve the look of the girl in the last photo. Partial unders-Dual I would like the implant to give me a lift, so I'm assuming a HP implant will do that, correct? Will a HP implant create a round upper pole? (also my goal) Do I need to go with a larger implant if I want to achieve upper pole fullness/roundness? (450-500cc) I seriously fear the "high riding" or "snoopy" implant look! Please tell me if I am on the right track with my research. My photos are the first 3. Thanks

High Profile Breast Implants

+2

The high profile implant has a larger total volume for the same diameter implant. Usually to get a nice result, it helps to find an implant which has a diameter close to the diameter of your natural breast. One way to visualize what an implant shape and size would look on you is 3 dimensional imaging. You can superimpose different shape and size implants in your own body images to get a good idea what they would look like. To simulate about how a lift would look with the implants, you can lift your arms while doing the 3D imaging.

Achieving my Desired Look with Breast Augmentation?

+2

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Yes, I think that you are on the “right track with your research".  If I were  seeing you in consultation, I would ask that you select more breast implant goal  pictures ( preferably without clothing)  as well as breasts  that you do not like, for any reason.

In regards to the best breast implant size/profile to help achieve your goals,the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “very natural”  or “rounder upper pole” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

Round upper pole breast implant

+2

A high or ultrahigh profile implant may give you what you are looking for - the "breast implant" look of high cleavage.

Based on your pictures, you may need a bit of a breast lift as well, but that is something that will need to be determined at the time of your consultation.  Occasionally, an implant can be used to provide a mild amount of lift - more than a little, though, and they tend to create the "snoopy" look without the addition of a formal breast-lift.

Jason J. Hall, MD, FACS

High profile implants

+2

The girl in the photo has a very different body type than you, so please don't expect to have her exact breast shape.

It looks like you may require a breast lift, to get the best results.  A high profile implant certainly gives more upper pole fullness, and more of a rounded look - but it's a matter of personal taste.  Some women love that look, others feel it looks excessively round.

An in-person evaluation with a PS should be your next step.

Thomas Fiala, MD

High Profile Implants are Fabulous!

+2

I love high profile breast implants!  They look great, BUT they need to be used on the right patient.  They are not for everyone.  High profile (and now ultra high profile implants)  have less base diameter and more projection than regular implants.  They come in saline or silicone, smooth and textured surfaces and in all different sizes.

Without measurements and a detailed examination I am not certain high profile implants would be best for you.  Based on your photos, it appears you have first degree ptosis, or close to it, with about 50% of your breast volume below your inframammary crease.  Your breasts are symmetric in size and shape and you appear to have a high riding crease. You also have a wide gap between your breasts which will make achieving cleavage more difficult.  What this all means is that you have a lot of options to consider:

1. Mastopexy alone (breast lift)
  2. Mastopexy with augmentation at the same time
  3. Mastopexy followed by an augmentation (2 operations)
  4. Augmentation alone above the muscle (silicone recommended)
  5. Augmentation alone below the muscle (saline or silicone)

Since you have so many choices, I would make sure you visit several board certified plastic surgeons that specialize in breast implant surgery that can review the options with you and try to meet your goals.

Good Luck!

David Finkle, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

450 or 500 cc High Profile Implants

+1

Most women cannot take 450 or 500 cc on the chest without going to a high profile implant.  There is a good chance that a breast lift may be needed to lift the areola depending upon the final position of the implants.

Will High Profile Implants Give Me a Rounder Upper Pole?

+1

The posted self photos show you also need lifting. So I might recommend UHP 400 cc with donut or L shaped lifting. 

High profile implants

+1

High profile implants are great in the righ individual, but they will not produce a lift.  You will need a lift operation to give you a lift along with your implants. Good luck.

To get the result you want you need a lift as well

+1
You have ptotic breasts (droopy) and no matter how big of an implant you choose, you will always have some droop.  Your breast shape would require more than just adding an implant to give you the desired look.  You have two options.  One is to simply go with a large high profile implant that will give you a rounded look, but still hang lower on your chest, or to have a lift in addition to an implant.  Question is are you willing to consider the additional scar of the lift.  The girl who's picture you posted had very little breast tissue prior to surgery and ptosis.  The shape she has is purely because of the implant.  In your situation you have some breast tissue and that has to be taken into consideration when planning your surgery and for you to consider when imagining what you will look like.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Will High Profile Implants Give Me a Rounder Upper Pole

+1

Impossible to obtain the result like a picture because your body is completely different, take care because your breath  is ptotic  and  the very big implant improve more ptosis

Maria Cristina Picon, MD
Argentina Plastic Surgeon