How Many Units Dysport for Crow Feet? I Don't Want to Have Regrets Please

Dysport units

+2

The amount of units can vary per patient.  Dysport is working on the muscle that surrounds the eye.  By weakening the side of the muscle, you will make less lines with various facial movements and smooth the area.  The effects of Dysport or Botox, usually last between 3-4 months. Typically, I will use between 20-30 units of Dysport on each side to effectively treat the the crow's feet lines.  There is minimal risk in this area and most patients are very happy with the improvement they see.  Best of Luck!

Fairfax Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dysport for Crow's Feet

+2

Dysport is an excellent choice of neuromodulator for smoothing the crow's feet lines. At least one study showed (and my anecdotal personal experience confirms) that there is a slightly faster onset of action of Dysport over Botox in this area, with equivalent effectiveness.

The amount you will need can best be determined by an experienced physician injector, as it does vary somewhat from one patient to the next. As a general guideline, I find that about 20 units per side works well for the majority of people. I also charge by the area treated, not by the unit, so that both the patient and I will not feel a financial pressure to possibly undertreat.

There are very few possible side effects from treating this area with Dysport, aside from minor temporary bruising at the injection site, so don't fear the regrets and go for it!

James Bartels, MD
Manchester Facial Plastic Surgeon

How Much Dysport (Botox) for Crow's Feet?

+2

Hi Mosa.  Most of our patient will do between 30-60 units of Dysport in the crow's feet.  It's hard to have regrets about this area as if additional product is injected, you will normally just have a longer duration. 

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

How Many Units Dysport for Crow Feet?

+2

Periorbital wrinkles, known as crow’s feet, are caused by the hyperactivity of the muscle surrounding the eye, the orbicularis oculi. I typically use either thee or four injection points lateral to the orbital rim. Each injection is typically 5 units of Dysport, making a total of 15 to 20 units per eye.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Dysport

+1

Typically, 20-30 units of Dysport are used along each side for crows feet.  The effects of Dysport or Botox usually last 3-4 months.  

Sam Naficy, MD

Appropriate Dysport treatment dosage for Crow's feet

+1

In my practice a typical initial treatment dosage is 25 units per side, divided over 5 injections per side.  With an experienced injector, he/she will be able to titrate your dose with subsequent treatments based on your response to identify the optimal dosage for you.

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Dysport for Crows Feet

+1

Dysport is a newer neurotoxin that works well to soften lines around the eyes. The amount of neurotoxin needed for full correction depends on the strength of the orbicularis oculi muscle (muscle creating crow’s feet). On average my patients need about 20-30 units per eye. When discussing units, please be aware Dysport units are different than Botox units, they are not interchangeable.

H. Michael Roark, MD

Units of Dysport or Botox for Crows Feet Wrinkles

+1

The amount of Dysport or Botox necessary to treat crows feet wrinkles can vary depending on the individual patient and the strength of their obicularis oculi muscles.   For Botox the dosage is usually between 12 and 24 units and for Dysport can range from 20 to 60 units.  Best wishes.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

How many units of Dysport to treat crow's feet

+1

Most people will need about 25-50 units of Dysport to treat only the crow's feet area. While you can have a treatment to only this area, most people will opt to treat more than this. An experienced injector can help guide you. 

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

How Many Units of Dysport for Crow's Feet?

+1

Every patient and every Crow's foot are unique. A typical range for treatment of that region would be 10-20 units of Botox or 25-50 units of Dysport. An experienced injector examining you in person is the only one who can give you a more refined estimate. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber, M.D., F.A.C.S.

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon