Can I Have Rounded Breasts if I Do Sientra Moderate Projection, 410 L/380 R? (photo)

I'm afraid of my breasts being tuberous and getting distorted because of my difference in my real size and nipple direction and the short skin under my nipples. I really appreciate all your comments, thank you!

Breast Augmentation For Mild Tuberous Breasts

+2

Hello.

Thank you for sharing your photos.

As you have stated in your post, the photos do exhibit a certain level of tuberous breasts that should be taken into consideration when planning your breast surgery.

The implant sizes you have chosen may require a lift to make sure that the upper poles are filled and the tuberous aspect is corrected rather than accentuated.

You may want to discuss the doughnut and the lollipop lifts with the surgeon of your choice.

That being said, please remember that commendable results require an exceptionally skilled surgeon to perform the surgery and settling for anything less than that increases the chances of additional corrective surgeries dramatically.
I hope this helps and please feel free to check the website below.

Thank you for your inquiry.
The best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Breast augmentation for tuberous breasts

+2

Based on the photos, the best way to achieve a more rounded look is to get a breast lift along with implants. The Sientra implants are good options but it would be difficult to achieve your desired shape without a breast lift. Take the time to talk to your plastic surgeon about breast lift in addition to the breast implants. It may be more involved than what you had first anticipated but at the end you want to do the right surgery in order to achieve your goal.

Best Wishes,

Stewart Wang, MD FACS, Wang Plastic Surgery

Stewart Wang, MD, FACS

Tuberous breasts and augmentation

+2

It appears from  your pictures that you have a bit of asymmetry and that your surgeon has taken this into account with his selection of implants. 

The fact that you have a tuberous type breast will necessitate that you undergo a lift along with the augmentation.  The implant will take care of the rounded appearance that you seek.  The lift will ensure that the nipple is positioned properly on the breast mound.   

Best wishes for an excellent outcome with your surgery,

Douglas Hargrave,M.D.

Douglas Hargrave, MD
Albany Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation and breast lift

+2

Thank you for the question and photos.  A breast augmentation will increase the volume of your breasts as well as make them rounder and fuller, especially in the upper pole.  Your areola position will also necessitate getting a purse-string breast  lift (or areolaplasty) for optimal result.  Based on your examination and the implant you choose, the use of a vertical incision for a lolli-pop breast lift may or may not be needed and should be discussed with your plastic surgeon.  The brand of the implant will not make much difference.

Dr Remus Repta 

Remus Repta, MD

Rounded Breast Appearance after Breast Augmentation?

+2

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Your question raises a frequently  raised concern for patients undergoing breast augmentation surgery.  Some patients who are seeking a “rounded” appearance of the breast after  breast augmentation may not be able to achieve the desired outcome regardless of the type of breast implant used. This is because of the amount of breast tissue present;  the appearance of the breasts  after surgery will be dictated to some degree  by how much breast tissue/soft tissue is present over the breast implants.  If a significant amount of breast tissue is present, the rounded appearance of the breast implants will likely not show through the overlying tissue coverage.

You will be best  off doing your due diligence and selecting your plastic surgeon carefully. After doing so, communicate your goals carefully (I prefer the use of goal pictures) is. Ask your surgeon if your goals are realistic considering the “starting point” of your breasts.

Sientra Breast Implants

+1
Hi Xime,
You are right, you do have a tuberous breast configuration, they call it Type I.  So you are a very challenging case, and as Dr. Sajadian said below, you need to see someone with a lot of experience with this.  I already know you are seeing a board certified plastic surgeon because Sientra only sells to BC plastic surgeons (by ABPS - The American Board of Plastic Surgery) who are members of ASAPS (The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery) and or a member of ASPS (The American Society of Plastic Surgeons). So that is great!  Put an index card in your breast fold. If your nipple is at the edge of the card or below, you would be a candidate for a lift, either a vertical or anchor. If you nipple is above the edge, you could be a candidate for an internal dual plane lift called the dual plane. Most likely, though, you will need a lift as described below by Dr. Sajjadian, below.  I wish you all the best,  "Dr. Joe"

Joe Gryskiewicz, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift and Implants

+1

The breasts pictured do not meet all of the characteristics of tuberous breasts, but they are perfectly round either.   The breasts exhibit grade II ptosis, and you will need implants and a lift to help create a rounded, lifted look to your breasts and areolae.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Hughesplasticsurgery Los Angeles, CA

Round breasts.

+1

Thanks for this question and the photos. It's likely you need a lift and areola reduction. With any round implant, the bigger you go, then the less likely it will look natural. The final cup and implant size is better determined after  examination with your PS.  Best wishes, Dr. Aldo.

Aldo Guerra, MD

Breast implants

+1

Your breasts are slightly photic, meaning they sag a little.  I do not think the type of implant will make much difference.  To me, it is a matter of whether you want a lift of your breasts as well as an implant.  I think a lollipop type lift will improve your symmetry as well as reducing the size of your areolae.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Hello

+1

Thank you for the pictures, but the best way to give you better advice is through an exam. In our practice we would recommend a peri lift (around your areola) to correct the tuberous breasts. Doing Moderate implants will not do it alone. You should talk to your PS and tell him your wanting the tuberous breast to be corrected.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS