I have always been unhappy with how wide my nose is. It gets worse when I smile especially the bridge. (photo)

Would surgery be worth it and will I be able to see significant results with rhinoplasty?

Would Rhinoplasty Be Worth It?

I agree with your assessment. From the front views submitted I think there could be improvement in the width of the bridge and refinement of the tip. Look for a board certified plastic surgeon in your area. You should be happy with the results. Best to you. 

El Paso Plastic Surgeon

10175 Gateway Blvd West
El Paso, TX 79925

Rhinoplasty Investment

Your nose will most likely still widen slightly if you are to undergo rhinoplasty. I recommend making an appointment with a surgeon who specializes in rhinoplasty who can walk you through the possible results.

Carlo Honrado, MD, FACS

2080 Century Park East
Los Angeles, CA 90067

Your posted photos show a round tip that is pulled down when smiling, a slightly wide alar base and a slightly wide bridge. You did not include a side view which is important in planning rhinoplasty so a complete analysis is not possible but an infracture will narrow the bridge, tip surgery can refine the tip and narrow the base and division of the depressor muscle will stop the tip from moving down when smiling. All of these are standard rhinoplasty procedures.

You did not state your age and it is important to wait till your in your late teens or older before having the surgery. If you do it too early your nose will not match the rest of your face when you get older.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Aaron Stone, MD

120 South Spalding
Beverly Hills, CA 90212

Rhinoplasty questions

Your photos do indeed show a wide tip and nasal bridge. Surgery would certainly be helpful in creating a narrower nose, including alar wedge resection which will narrow the nostrils. whether it is "worth it" as you ask, can ultimately only be answered by you, but I think you would be a good candidate.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

9339 Genesse Avenue
San Diego, CA 92121-2119

Would Rhinoplasty Be Worth It for This Patient?

Hi Zona,

Yes, rhinoplasty by a skilled expert rhinoplasty surgeon would be "worth it" for you, especially if your nose appearance bothers you and it is something that you have thought about for awhile.  The most important aspect of your rhinoplasty is making sure that you choose your rhinoplasty surgeon most carefully.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD
Encino Facial Plastic Surgeon

16311 Ventura Blvd
Encino, CA 91436

Rhinoplasty Improvement for a Wide Nose

Your nose shows many features that would indicate that rhinoplasty can make a substantial improvement. Narrowing the nose from the bridge down to the tip would help a lot with your concerns of a wide nose.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Indiana University Health North Hospital
Carmel, IN 46032

Would Rhinoplasty Be Worth It?

If you would like your tip refined and your nose made to look more narrow, then rhinoplasty is the only way to achieve those improvements.  There may be other aspects of the nose you want changed or not.   The rhinoplasty can and should be tailored to the individual and the individual's desires.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

435 North Roxbury Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Would Rhinoplasty Be Worth It? #nosejob

Thank you for the question. This all starts with your desires. I can evaluate the nose and make a list of many things that I can do to improve any given nose. This all starts with you clearly defining what bothers you. You could certainly have the nasal tip more refined and petite. I do not see the side view so it is hard to know if there is bump that could be taken down. You could maybe benefit form narrowing the nose a bit as well in the middle. Again, this all stems from your desires. I can tell a patient many things that can be done and at times maybe 3 or 4 are what the patient wants while the other 2 or 3 are not. I am in Arizona and would be more than happy to see you. Rhinoplasty surgery is my favorite operation. I have had one so I know what it is like to go through this process. Best of luck.

Richard J. Brown, MD

11000 N Scottsdale Rd.
Scottsdale, AZ 85254

Yes, a rhinoplasty could narrow the bridge of your nose if that part bothers you.  It would also be worth having the tip of your nose refined so it would not appear bulbous underneath a slimmer bony vault.

There are many places that offer simulated post-surgery photos to help you choose what sort of shape you would like.

It is really important to find a well trained surgeon who can explain the procedure in detail.  As with all surgery there are risks involved.  These need to be considered carefully.

Good luck!

Simon Overstall, MBBS, FRACS
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

183 Wattletree Road
Malvern, VIC 3144

Rhinoplasty for the wide nose, with a hump and drooping tip.

Rhinoplasty for the wide nose, with a hump and drooping tip will give you a more attractive nose with more balance to your face. Select and an experienced surgeon and you should have a very happy result.

416 N Bedford Dr
Beverly Hills, CA 90210