Are my Scars Suitable for Subcision? (photo)

I'm convinced that subcision would be the best way to treat these scars. When I stretch my skin, the scars don't flatten. Can subcision still be preformed on both these scars since they're right next to each other? Also, I know that subcision is better paired with a filler or the 'subcision suction method'. Rather than subcision alone.

Hello

+1

If you’re trying to make your acne scars better you need to have laser treatment, depending on how deep they are or what kind of scars you are dealing with. You have a few different options. There is Profractional laser, micro laser peel or even a face lift to stretch the skin and help improve the deeper scars. Good luck..

Subcision for indented Acne Scars?

+1

Hi Andrew.  Yes, you are a candidate for subcision.  In this procedure, we use the needle of the Restylane syringe to release hard, fibrous scar tissue below the depression and then we injection the Restylane in the void created by releasing the scar tissue.  

While this will give you immediate benefits, the best results are when we perform the procedure every 6 - 9 months over a period of years.  This increases your chance of having collagen remodeling fill the scar from below.  

Take a look at the before and after photos at the link below and call us for a free consultation if you are in the Los Angeles area.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Subcision for Acne Scars

+1

Subcision works best for 'rolled' depressions or 'rolled' scars (as opposed to 'ice pick'  or 'box car' scars). The technique involves inserting a special needle just under the skin to break up the scar tissue and bands that pull down the skin create these depressed scars. Looking at you pictures, I think you could benefit from a subcision procedure. You are also correct in that a phsyician will often place filler under the scars after subcision to lift them up, after the bands are severed. As well, usuing a suction device overtop of the skin after subcision also helps lift up the depressions. Subcision is associated with bruising and therefore has some downtime. As with any scar treatment, you will see significant improvement but 100% resolution of scarring is hard to acheive. Often to obtain maximum results, combination therapy with other resurfacing treatments is needed.

Adam J. Mamelak, MD
Austin Dermatologic Surgeon