Morning Boob 5 Weeks Post Op?

I had breast implants almost 5 weeks ago, under the muscle silicone. My right one is doing great, no pain or anything but my left one as soon as I lay down on my back or side to sleep it starts to ache... I've read this is common but I was just wondering if there's anything I can do to prevent it? it becomes sore and achy in the middle if the night waking me up.

Sore Breasts in the Morning

+1

This is common among Breast Augmentation patients.  It should go away on it's own but if it's waking you up at night, contact your surgeon to see what over-the-counter pain medications can help with your discomfort.  It sounds like you are being patient, but try to give it a little more time to heal.

Irvine Plastic Surgeon

Aching breasts

+1

It is not uncommon for the breasts to ache a bit after implant surgery. You probably need to give it more time to heal.

Morning Boob

+1

Your symptoms should resolve with more time.  This is completely normal for this time period after surgery.

Sore Breast at Night 5 Weeks after Breast Augmentation

+1

You are astute in realizing that one breast is usually different than the other and all should resolve soon.  I would ask your plastic surgeon for recommendations on over the counter pain medications at this point.  Kenneth Hughes, MD    Los Angeles, CA

Morning Boob 5 Weeks Post Op

+1

At five weeks this is not an uncommon issue. Since it is awakening you, consider taking a long acting pain med such as alleve (naproxen) before going to bed. This will pass.

All the best. 

Breast Pain After Surgery

+1

Dear Rroo22,

Thanks for your question.  It is common for one breast to have more pain than the other after surgery.  There really is nothing you can do to prevent it.  Pain is normal after surgery and the pain should subside with time.  Please be patient and things should get better.  You may want to consider taking some over the counter pain medication prior to sleeping to help with your discomfort.

Honolulu Plastic Surgeon