Almost 3 Months After Surgery- Fell and Stitches Opened?

i did not think that was even possible! i feel and the stitches on my left side split open - on the stitch line - like they never joined.. i also had to have the inside stitches redone 22 in all how is this possible???

Stitches opening at 3 months

+1

If your suture line came open 3 months after a tummy tuck, it is the result of some poor healing that has occurred.  If all heals without complication, after 6 weeks you are usually fully healed.  I would ask your plastic surgeon why he/she thinks this happened in your case specifically and what things need to be done differently in the future to prevent this.  

3 Months after Tummy Tuck and Incision Opened after Fall

+1

I have never seen this, but trauma from a fall can create enough force to do just about anything.  Any factors that inhibit wound healing such as diabetes, nutritional issues, previous wound healing issues, or immunosuppression from meds or the like may have contributed to weakness of the scar.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

+1

Well, as you have learned it is possible. Although the incisions reach 90% of their maximum strength at six weeks or so, the scar is always weaker than other skin, and there is a limit to the amount of trauma that can be handled before the wound is overwhelmed by the force. 

Hope all goes well from here.