Breast Red/warm/itchy After Laying on Side 3 Weeks Post Op?

I was laying on my side in bed (my ps told me I could lay anyway I want) and when I went to roll over I noticed my right breast became warm and red and kinda itchy (the itchiness might be from the lines created by the sheets) however the other breast is all red and warm too. Almost like they are both sunburnt. Should I be concerned? Should I not lay on my sides? I've also been putting an oil on that has vit e in it, should I continue this? I have silicone, under the muscle.

Red, Warm, Itchy Bilateral Breasts after Breast Augmentation

+2

Red, warm, itchy breasts, especially when both are involved, point to allergic reaction instead of infection.  However, infection should always be ruled out.

Stop the oil

+2

It sounds like you have irritation from the lotion. Often time Vit E can cause a rash. Usually with discontinuation it will subside. You should definitely let your PS or his nurse take a look if you have persistent redness. Infection is exceedingly uncommon, but if you had a mild skin infection your might benefit from antibiotics. Best of Luck!

Skin changes after breast implants

+1

Good question- besides seeing your PS, consider checking your sheets or detergent.  I have see skin reactions occur from changes in laundry detergent when in prolonged warm moist skin contact (side down towards sheet).  If cleared by your PS, consider a dermatology visit.  Good Luck. 

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Allergic reaction after Breast surgery

+1

There should not be any problem lying on your side 3 weeks postop.  I suspect that you may be having an allergic reaction and your best bet is to check with your plastic surgeon. 

Jonathan Ross Berman, M.D. , F.A.C.S.

Palm Beach Plastic Surgeon

Submuscular implants are sitting as if they are at the bottom of an envelope. The breast fold, like the bottom of the envelope k

+1

This sounds like a topical allergy from one of the products you are using, and I would suggest stopping. Some of these findings could be suggestive of an implant infection, though unlikely. But I would suggest a call into your surgeon. After some back and forth, he or she can decide if your need to be seen in person for an evaluation. 

All the best. 

Red warm and itchy breasts

+1

Without seeing your breasts, it is difficult to say what is going on. Incision can be a bit red. If the breasts are warm and painful, then you may have an infection.  Best to see your surgeon.