​I'm 20 yrs old and have a bump on my nose bridge. What procedures would you recommend and how much would it cost? (photos)

I really do like my nose except for the large bump on my nose bridge and I was wondering what would be the best decision to removed the hump. I'm 20 years old, everyone thinks I'm crazy to even get anything done.. But I know that I would look much better without the beak. What would you recommended and since its only the hump I want removed or straighten out how much would that cost out of my pocket since I'm not asking for any other change ups. Please respond I'm so depressed and antisocial.

Nose bridge hump treatment, cost

+1
Some folks only need a little surgery. This approach may work very well, but each individual is different. One may need cartilage trim. One may need in-fracturing. One may also want to reduce the projection of the nose.  Sometimes operating on one part of the nose may effect another part. Best to see an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon. Visit with a few. Take a look at the before/after photos. Ask your questions. Together, you should be able to garner a plan to achieve your goals. The cost may depend on many factors, including the complexity of your nose, time spent in the OR, the city that you live in.

Rhinoplasty

+1
The shape of your nose is nice, but it appears too large compared to your other facial features.  It needs to be reduced in all it's dimensions.  Shorter, narrower, and not protruding out as far.  Do your homework in finding an experienced surgeon in your area that you feel comfortable with.  Good luck!

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Rhinoplasty for bump on bridge

+1
Dear monic, thank you for your question.Rhinoplasty is a popular procedure that can dramatically change one's appearance. In our San Diego practice we perform computer imaging to determine what may be possible in your case. Actual before and after photos are a good way to evaluate your surgeon.Good Luck!

Roy A. David, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty for reduction of Dorsal Hump

+1
Dear Monicud, I think your digital imaging pictures look very good and realistic with the reduction of your dorsal hump or bridge of your nose. I would suggest consulting with a rhinoplasty specialist and after a direct examination a fee would be quoted for the proposed surgery. Your surgeon may also use a digital imaging computer to show you your proposed result so you can make sure you are on the same page. Wishing you the best! Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Rhinoplasty candidate to remove nasal bump

+1
The nasal bump[ is composed of both bone and cartilage and must be shaved down to give a new natural contour to the bridge line. Medial and lateral osteotomies of the nasal bones are also required to close the open roof deformity caused from shaving the dorsal hump. Some adjustments to the nasal tip cartilages may need to be performed if the tip does not balance with a new bridge line. For many examples, please see the length below  to our  hump removal rhinoplasty photo gallery.

Nasal Bump

+1
I always recommend that patients undergoing surgery still preserve a natural appearance that is balanced with the rest of the face.  Based on the limited photos here, it appears reasonable to just have the nasal hump removed to enhance your profile appearance, although an in-person consultation is best.  3-dimensional computer imaging will also help you visualize what you may look like from multiple angles.  Please consult with a board certified specialist who can assist you with achieving the results you seek.

Kimberly Lee, MD

Rhinoplasty

+1
A rhinoplasty is what you need to accomplish your goal of refining your dorsum.  Best of luck finding the appropriate doctor for you.

Nose shaping options

+1
Dear Monicud,

I think nose shaping can provide a more refined appearance.  You will want to define for yourself the changes that you want to accomplish prior to seeking consultation.  Several nose shaping options are available including dorsal hump reduction as well as tip support.  I would seek consultation with several board certified plastic surgeons and discuss your goals of nose refinement.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Limited Rhinoplasty Surgery

+1
It appears that surgery to just remove the hump would be reasonable in your case. I always reserve final judgement until I see the patient. I agree with you; I think a minor change would make a significant difference. Cost would be $6,000-8,000.

​I'm 20 yrs old and have a bump on my nose bridge. What procedures would you recommend and how much would it cost?

+1
   A closed rhinoplasty to reduce the hump would be reasonable.  I would agree that there is a not a great deal to change with your nose.