Should I Get an Areola Reduction? (photo)

I think I am going to be going with a Lolipop Lift and Implants, just wondering if I should get an areola reduction as well? I'm okay with the size of my nipples when they are hard, so Im not sure if i should spend the extra cash or not.. but most important is that i LOVE the final result. So will they stretch out?

Areolar Reduction Part of Mastopexy

+1

Thank you for sharing your photo along with your post.

Areolar resizing is part of the lollipop lift you are planning to get. However, nipple resizing may not hence pertaining to an additional cost.

Areolar reductions tend to add aesthetic appeal to the overall look of the nipple but it will have to be your decision to decide over the degree of resizing you would like to get from your surgery.

That being said, please remember that commendable results require an exceptionally skilled surgeon to perform the surgery and settling for anything less than that increases the chances of additional corrective surgeries dramatically.

I hope this helps and please feel free to check the website below.

Thank you for your inquiry.
The best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Web reference: http://www.DrSajjadian.com

Areola reduction

+1

It is hard to do a lift properly with out reducing the areola by some degree. You would also benefit from breast augmentation for volume.

Nipple reduction

+1

A breast lift also entails proper re-sizing of the areola.  I do not charge separately for reducing the areola to the appropriate size. You should ask your plastic surgeon the clarify these charges.  You should not, in my opinion, be double charged.  Hopefully, it is just a misunderstanding.  Good luck!

A breast lift will include an areola reduction if desired

+1

Thank you for the question and photos.  A breast lift includes re-positioning and re-shaping the areolas.  Nipple reduction will be extra but an areola reduction can and should be included as part of the breast lift.

Dr Remus Repta

Web reference: http://www.aaaplasticsurgery.com/photo-gallery/details.cfm?ID=82&StartRow=6

Should I Get an Areola Reduction?

+1

Resizing the areola is part of any breast lift and should not have a separate fee associated with it. 

When a lift is done that is limited to incision around the areola, these commonly stretch out unless there is a permanent suture to maintain the size. 

You will most certainly need more than just that incision. The vertical patterns and the "inverted T" patterns are less likely to spread out, and usually don't need the permanent suture to maintain the size. 

When you ready for an in person consultation, RealSelf has listings of surgeons in your area. You should consider cross referencing the listings from the The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (plasticsurgery dot org). A listing in the ASPS website assures you that your surgeon is not only board certified,  but also is a member in good standing of the major plastic surgery organization in the U. S.
Thank your for your question, best wishes.

Areola reduction during breast lift

+1

Areola size preference is a personal choice. There are no right or wrong answer, just what you like to see on your body. If you like the current size then stick with it. If you like them to be smaller then make sure you express your goal to your plastic surgeon. Areolar reduction can be incorporated as part of your breast reduction procedure without extra fee. With proper planning and closure, they shouldn't stretch out.

Best Wishes,

Stewart Wang, MD FACS, Wang Plastic Surgery

Areola reduction is part of a breast lift

+1

A mastopexy or breast lift is a common procedure to lift sagging breasts.  The components of a breast lift are:

1. Removing excess skin
  2. Elevating the nipple to a more normal position
  3. Reducing the size of the areola
  4. Obtaining more symmetry between the breasts
  5. Making the breasts more "perky"

There should not be an extra fee for reduing the size of the areola since it is a standard part of the procedure.

Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Reducing the areola is part of a lift

+1

Reducing the size of a widened areola is part of a breast lift. This is done to make the areola match the rest of the breast. If you specifically do not want the size of your areola changed, tell your surgeon. He/She may be able to satisfy that goal. Also note that reducing the areola does not intend to change the size of the nipple, but the nipple appearance and reaction to stimuli may be affected.

Bethesda Plastic Surgeon

Areolar reduction during breast lift

+1

Thank you for your question and for the photos. As a woman's breasts mature and start to sag, it is common for the areola to stretch as well. This can result in an areola that is too large for the breast, and is out of proportion.

During a breast lift, including the lollypop lift, the areola size is typically adjusted. This is an integral part of the procedure and should not incur any additional cost. At this time, the areola can be made proportional to enhance the overall appearance. Your goals of the final size should be discussed with your plastic surgeon should be discussed with your surgeon prior to the surgery.

The question of if the areola will stretch afterwards is an excellent one. This is largely technique dependent. There are certain steps, such as the use of a permanent purse-string stitch, that can greatly reduce this risk, if not prevent it entirely.

Talk about these issues with your plastic surgeon. The goal is for you to be happy afterwards, and all of your concerns should be addressed.

Best of luck with your breasts.

Jeff Rockmore 

Albany Plastic Surgeon

Areolar Reduction and Breast Lift

+1

In general, when breasts lifts are performed, incisions are made circumferentially around the areolae. The areolae are marked with a round template that is usually smaller than the patient's native areolae. So, in most breast lift cases the areolar diameter/circumference are reduced in size. This reduction in areolar size should be included in the cost of the lift. A discussion with your local plastic surgeon is in order, to make sure you have a clear understanding of the expectations of surgery.

Thank you for your question and photo. Best of Luck!