Areola Reduction and Uneven Nipples. Can I Have Both Raised? (photo)

I'm an 18 year old female and am going to get an areola reduction within the next five months (hopefully). The thing that bothers me (along with the areolas being different sizes) is one nipple is higher than the other. Could they both be raised to where I put the black dots on the 2nd image? Is it possible?My breasts used to be perfectly symmetrical when I was 15 but changed drastically after I had an unknown lump (which disappeared on its own). Thank you.

Areola reduction and uneven nipples

+1

It is possible to reduce the areola size and reposition the nipples but it does involve external scars.  The size of the scars will vary according to the amount of pre-op nipple asymmetry.  Your plastic surgeon can tell you what scars to expect depending on the amount of nipple movement that is necessary. 

Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Areola reduction and uneven nipples

+1

The best procedure that will address both of your concerns would be a peri-areolar mastopexy (breast lift) procedure.  This is also sometimes called a donut or Benelli lift.  It is a fairly limited procedure designed to elevate the nipple/areola small distances and is also good for reducing the size of the areola.  Based on your pictures, you appear to be a perfect candidate for this procedure.  The trade-off would be a scar that goes around the periphery of your areola.

Edwin C. Pound, III, MD

Asymmetric areolas

+1

can be adjusted in an 'attempt' to make them more 'perfect' but you would have to accept the scarring that would come with it as well as the costs of a mastopexy, which depending on whom you see, can be quite considerable.  There are simple cosmetic things to do if you wish to wear the tank top without a bra such as tapes and adhesive devices that lift the areola and don't involve surgery.  Scars are permanent and you cannot rid yourself of them if you don't like them.  And if anyone close to you makes the asymmetry an issue, they don't deserve to be in your life.  Hope you can hold off from your desire to seek perfection.  And if you plan on having children later, would be best to be done with that before seeking such surgery.

Curtis Wong, MD

Areola Reduction and Uneven Nipples. Can I Have Both Raised?

+1

Your drawings on the posted photo are NOT achievable or realistic. The risks of thrying to attain the position of the N/A you depicted is most likely going to scar your areolae. Please reconsider what you want. 

Areolar reduction and symmetry procedure

+1

You can certainly undergo a procedure designed to improve the symmetry of size and position of your areolas. You will need a slight lift on the side which is lower. Both areolas can be raised slightly, but I am not sure if they will be at the position you mark on the photos. You should some board certified plastic surgeons in consultation.

Matthew Schulman, MD