Areola Reduction Surgery or Breast Lift Plus Reduction?

Hello. I have very large areolas and would preferably just like to get them smaller. Because they are so large and I have droppy breast I unfortunately may need a lift to. My.preference would be a procedure that is less invasive and requires the least anesthesia. Any suggestions on what may work for me? Im 30 yrs old.

Areolar Reduction or Breast Lift

+1

The areolar reduction can be incorporated into a circumareolar lift of full breast lift, which can be sorted out with a quick physical exam.  Good luck.

Areola Reduction With or Without Breast Lift

+1

Areola Reduction is typically part of the Breast Lift procedure. If you have minimal sagging of your breast sometimes a periareolar lift/reduction will take care of this with scars localized to the perimeter of your areola. More often then not more of a lift is required so a lollipop type procedure is required. This is still about 50% less scarring than the traditional anchor pattern lift.

Best advice is to select a well trained board certified plastic surgeon to guide your decision

Areola reduction and breast lift or reduction

+1

Each procedure has to be understood for what it does and doesn't do, the anesthesia options, the recovery, the risks, and the scar trade-off. An areola reduction procedure only makes the areolas look smaller and requires a scar around them. A breast lift requires separating the skin from the breast and moving the breast up (including the nipple-areola) and rearranging the skin around the new breast position. This usually requires a vertical scar (lollipop) from the scar around the areola to the inframammary crease. A reduction can be done during a lift by removing parts of the breast tissue. 

None of these procedures would be considered non-invasive but they all can be done with local anesthesia, usually with IV sedation, providing the surgeon is experienced with this approach. Most plastic surgeons still use general anesthesia for lifts and reductions. 

My suggestion is to understand which procedures accomplish which goals and find an plastic surgeon who is experienced with that procedure and hopefully can offer it under local anesthesia. 

Denver Plastic Surgeon

Breasrt reduction and large areolas

+1

The removal of a large amount of skin with giant areolas can, in and of itself, create a substantial lift of the breast.  You may want to discuss this option with your surgeon, or some modification thereof.

Talmage Raine MD FACS

drraine.com

Breast lift

+1

The areolae are typically reduced at the same time as a breast lift or reduction to a pre-determined diameter.  As far as anesthesia is concerned, the surgery is usually done under general anesthesia but could be done under local with sedation if your surgeon agrees.

Breast lift for large areolas

+1

Do not make the mistake of going with a less than adequate operation just to avoid more anesthesia.  You should consult a doctor certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and obtain his or her opinion. 

In my experience, a procedure limited to an incision just around the nipple can decrease the areolar size or lift the areola a little bit but it cannot do both.  Doing both requires a vertical breast lift which requires a vertical scar from the bottom of the areola down to the fold of the breast.  This incision almost always heals well and if well worth it to get the shape and size and location of the areola right the first time.

Web reference: http://www.sowdermd.com/blog/my-favorite-procedure/

Breast lift and areolar reduction.

+1

It is difficult to give a full answer without an exam or at least a photo. A reduction of the areolae is a part of the breast lift. The question is how much droopiness in your breasts as that will determine which lift is best for your anatomy. This can range from just reducing the areolae to a vertical or lollipop lift to a full scar or anchor lift.

Fort Wayne Plastic Surgeon

Reducing Large Areolas With A Very Small Lift

+1

The least 'invasive' procedure would be an eccentric areolar reduction which would reduce the size of the areolas and give just a smidge of a lift. That can be done under local anesthesia if desired or with a touch of IV sedation.

Web reference: http://www.eppleyplasticsurgery.com

Areola Reduction Surgery or Breast Lift

+1

It is not particularly useful to distinguish between these alternatives without an in person exam, or at least photos. 

If the sole issue is areolar size, the incision will be limited to the areola. If the areola is more than just slightly low, you will need to consider a lift. 

The periareolar lift can be done with just local. A greater lift is best with at least some sedation, and that may also be preferable for a periareolar lift. 

When you ready for an in person consultation, RealSelf has listings of surgeons in your area. You should consider cross referencing the listings from the The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (plasticsurgery dot org). A listing in the ASPS website assures you that your surgeon is not only board certified,  but also is a member in good standing of the major plastic surgery organization in the U. S.

Thank you for your question, best wishes.

Areola reduction

+1

If you only have an areola that is large , then a circumareola reduction can be performed, and it may give you a bit of a lift. An exam would be critical.