Will This Areola Incision Heal Flat?

I am 10 days post op and these incision are really making me worry! Has anyone seen this much swelling before? Will it heal flat? Or did my surgeon not do the stitches correctly? Why does my nipple look caved in?

10 days is too early to evaluate areola are incisions

Thank you for your question. It is difficult to answer without a photograph of your incisions. That said most areola incisions following breast lift or even breast augmentation can look red raised and lumpy the first 10 days after surgery. In many cases the surgeon places stitches beneath the skin to evert or make the skin edges protrude to minimize widening of this incision as the tissues adjust and he'll to the new breast mound. Be sure to discuss your concerns with your surgeon.

195 Commonwealth Avenue
Boston, MA 02116

Will Areolar Incision Heal Flat?

I am sorry to hear about your concerns after breast surgery.  However, online consultants will not be of much help to you without viewing pictures or without examination.  Having said that, it is much too early to evaluate the longer-term outcome of the procedure. I ask my patients to wait at least 3 to 6 months before doing so.

Time and patience are your best friends at this point. Continue to follow up with your plastic surgeon,  who will be your best resource when it comes to meaningful assessment, advice, and/or reassurance.

Best wishes; hopefully you will be very pleased with the long-term outcome of the procedures performed.

8851 Center Drive
San Diego, CA 91942

Acute post op phase

and final results cannot be predicted at this point.  Please have the confidence to share your concerns with your surgeon and if it doesn't get better with time and healing, realize that revisions can correct almost any concern.

Curtis Wong, MD

1950 Rosaline Avenue
Redding, CA 96001

3 Weeks Post Capsular Contracture and my Breast Hurts

A photo would help. The best source of reassurance for these questions is from your own surgeon. Consider posting photos for more specific suggestions. All the best. 

1110 112th Avenue NE
Bellevue, WA 98004

Areolar healing

Give your implants more time to settle. you are early in the healing process.  You will be surprised how much things improve over time.  I would recommend that you wait a bit longer before making any judgments.  In the interim, please relate your concerns to your plastic surgeon.

Raj S. Ambay, MD

27716 Cashford Cir
Wesley Chapel, FL 33544