Areola Complex Not Flinching

Very much appreciate all help/answers I've received on this site from generous doctors -- many thanks!! Question: I am almost 4 weeks post-op, and although I have sensation in my areola and nipples (in fact, a tremendous amount of hyper-sensitivity, soreness, burning), they do not "flinch" when I'm under water or in the cold, even though I feel the sensation in my body and have normal goosebumps, etc. Can I expect the ability of the areola to flinch to ever return? Thank you.

Loss of nipple and areola erection

+2

The most important issue is to retain sensation in the nipple and areola. IF you have sensation, it is my impression that your "flinching" or arousability will return with time and may take up to two years to achieve maximal return.

Nipple- areola contractions

+1

If yo have sensation that is improving in your areolas, you more than likely will get nipple areola contractions or erections with time as the swelling subsides.

Nipple reactivity after breast augmentation

+1

Alterations in nipple sensitvity may occur after breast augmentation, and is partially related to the type of incision used for the surgery. Usually if sensation is retained in the nipple and areola, as in your case, reactivity to stimulus should also eventually return, although it may take several months.

Olivia Hutchinson, MD