Areola/Breat Reduction? WIll My Scars Round Out More When They're Closer to Healing?

I had a breast reduction 3 weeks ago and for the most part the glue has come off and looking at my right areola it looks like whe my pc cut around it most of it is round except it looks like she might has cut down quite a bit. Do you think it's possible when the scars start healing it will round out more, if not is it possible to have it corrected? Sorry I don't know how to post pictures.

Shape of areola

Sometimes the shape of the areola is impacted by the sutures and once they dissolve the shape can change a bit.  Best to give it time to heal.

1049 Fifth Ave
New York, NY 10028

Concerns about Areola Shape/ Size after Breast Reduction?

Congratulations on having undergone the breast reduction procedure. It is not unusual, at this stage, to see some irregularity and/or asymmetry of the areola. You are correct in that the appearance of the areola may improve with time ( best evaluated 6 months to one year after the procedure performed);  otherwise, relatively minor revisionary surgery may help the situation.

Continue to follow up with your plastic surgeon. Hopefully, you will be very pleased with the longer-term outcome of the procedure performed.

8851 Center Drive
San Diego, CA 91942

Areolar Healing After Breast Reduction

It is too early after your breast reduction to make any judgments on how all of hour scars will heal and the nipple will look. Rather than 3 weeks after surgery await your judgment until 3 months after surgery. That will be a much better time to know what your final results will look like.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Indiana University Health North Hospital
Carmel, IN 46032

Areola healing after a breast reduction

It is not possible to fully answer your question without pictures, but it is common for the areola to be reduced during breast reduction surgery. Also, the skin around the areola is often gathered when the excess skin is removed. You may see some of this gathering in the incision, but it should smooth out with time and healing. You can often help this with massage of your scar. If you are concerned about the areola shape or worried about how this area is healing, you should address this with your surgeon.

M. Susann Bedford, MD

5673 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd NE
Atlanta, GA 30342