Options to Make Areolas Bigger?

The bud is big and sticks out when its hard, but the areola is barely thr, especially hard, almost completely disapears. Even when they r soft the areola is still small. Wondering whats the best way to enlarge the areola? I heard of tatooing, but worry that wont look natural...heard of taking skin from the labia and putting it around the nipple, but heard that wasnt a good way. Are those the only options? Is thr another way to stretch them? Also is thr a way to keep them frm going hard ALLWAYS??

Small implant

+2

Probably the best way to stretch things at least a small bit would be placing a small set of breast implants. Skin grafting might not look so great and may result in sensory loss.

Best Regards,

John Di Saia MD

Orange Plastic Surgeon

Areolar enlargement

+1
Many women with large areolae would be happy to have your problem but I understand your concern. There are two ways to handle this: either to tattoo the area to create the appearance of larger areolae or to perform a donut excision and reconstruction. It is important to find a reputable tattoo artist and this procedure has the least risk in the right hands. Of course, you do have the option of doing nothing and waiting for gravity to take its toll eventually.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Increasing areolar size

+1

First of all, you have very aesthetic breasts and I would encourage you not to do anything that could take away from them. Scarring from some sort of grafting procedure would not look good and would be permanent.  I do not like the idea of tattooing as there is no guarantee on a good color match and your skin color does change over time, the tattoo ink will not always match even if initially it looks good.  Your areolas may enlarge with pregnancy and breast feeding, so, if you are considering getting pregnant in the near future, wait and see what happens. Another option is Botox which can relax the muscle that constricts the areola and allow it to spread out.  The results would be temporary but there is no permanent downside.

James McMahan, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Tattooing is probably the best and least invasive option

+1

Tattooing is probably what my first recomendation to you would be.  Most of the time, a plastic surgeon can match (pretty closely) your natural color with a tattoo performed in the office.

Jason Brett Lichten, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Areola small

+1

For a small areola there are not great solutions.  Adding a skin graft will leave alot of scarring. You may want to consider tattooing if it relaly bothers you.

Procedures for making areolae larger

+1

I think that any procedure which grafts tissue in the area is best reserved for breast cancer patients having reconstruction.  Tattooing is likely the best option but you need to be careful that the artist knows what they are doing especially with color match.  The other option is to just leave them alone.  I see lots of patients with areolae this size and think they look fine.  Also they may get larger with pregnancy and nursing, not that I am recommending that to solve the issue.

Terrence Murphy, MD
Englewood Plastic Surgeon