Why Aren't the Scales Moving? I Had TT, BA and Lipo 10 days ago. (photo)

I had a tummy tuck w/MR, breat aug (560cc) in each and lipo. My surgery was on the 15th of March and I was 170, 5.3 pounds of skin was removed from my tummy, and 900cc removed in lipo...a couple of days after surgery I was 180??? I know, I know lots of swelling, but my appetite was gone for the first week, I am now 10 days post op and have only went down to 176, what gives??? Honestly, I thought I would be around 168ish...what's going on?? TMI-I considered constipation but I am normal now.

Weighing yourself after surgery

+2

There are lots of fluid shifts at the time of surgery and afterwards.  You are swollen for months after surgery.

It is not productive to be checking your weight after this procedure but rather you should be concentrating on the recovery process, a healthy diet and plenty of hydration.

Follow your surgeon's advice re: recovery and allow your body to heal.

You will see the results - be patient.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_tummyTuck.htm

Why Aren't the Scales Moving? I Had TT, BA and Lipo 10 days ago.

+1

Thanks for the posted photos. Most likely you are fluid retaining. Best to discuss with your surgeon in more detail. 

No weight loss after surgery

+1

None of the procedures you listed is a weight losing procedure.  The tummy tuck and liposuction are body contouring procedures.  Despite removing a significant amount of skin and fat during a tummy tuck weight usually doesn't change much because the amount the removed tissue weighs is always less than you think.  Also remember to add the weight of the relatively large implants.

Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon