Is Artefill Soft or Hard Filler?

Is Artefill Soft or Hard Filler?

+1

Thank you for your question. Artefill is a collagen stimulator.  It would probably be classified as a hard filler due to its physical properties.  It is injected deeply enough so it's not palpable. I hope this helps.

Bay Area Dermatologist

Artefil soft or hard

+1

When properly injected Artefil is difficult to palpate below the skin.

If injected too superficially or in too great an amount it may leave palpable lumps.

Please consult in person with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon prior to making treatment decisions.

Luis A. Cenedese, MD, FACS

Is Artefill a soft or hard filler

+1

Actually Artefill is neither.  It is a long term collagen stimulator so creates a totally different effect that most fillers.  It needs to be used in the correct locations and place in the correct skin layer in order to stimulate that long term correction which can virtually erase certain lines on the face.  The ' feel' to the areas where Artefill has been used is very soft and supple. 

Steven Swengel, MD
Los Gatos Dermatologic Surgeon

Artefill is soft and natural after injection

+1

I've been using Artefill since its introduction in U.S. six years ago and I've used Artecoll in Canada more than a decade ago. Once the Artefill has been incorporated into the body, it's amazingly soft...like the person's own tissue. In fact, it's usually quite impossible to feel where the Artefill ends and the patient's own tissues begin. My wife and my mum were injected with Artefill by me in February of 2007 and the results still look great and I cannot feel the product beneath the skin.

Hope this helps,

--DCP

Pearson Facial Plastic Surgery®

David C. Pearson, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Is Artefill a Soft or Hard Filler?

+1

If you are classifying the filler's physical properties then I would say it is a 'hard' filler, in that it is primarily composed of medical grade 'plastic' beads. As far as how it feels in the body - it would be considered soft - as would be all fillers. Artefill is injected deeply enough so that it should not be palpable after injection. However, the risk is that if it is injected too superficially it would be more likely to be palpable than a soft filler like Juvederm or Perlane. The key benefit of Artefill is its longevity compared to other fillers. Best of Luck  Dr Harrell

Jon F. Harrell, DO

Artefill is a long lasting filler.

+1

Artefill is an injectable filler that is permanent but the results usually last 4-5 yrs since the face ages or sags every 4-5 yrs a little more. You have to be skin tested first and then later injected in 2 sessions 3 months apart. cost is $1000/syringe. sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Is Artefill a Soft or Hard filler?

+1

Fillers are not really classified as hard or soft, but I would say that Artefill is a soft filler.  All of the fillers are injected, so they need to be a liquid suspension or gel or soft semi-solid compound to be able to pass through a needle.  Artefill is a combination of collagen and a compound known as PMMA.  The collagen portion is necessary to deliver the PMMA particles to the area that is injected.  The collagen portion goes away over a short period of time and the PMMA remains permanently.  The PMMA stimulates the tissue to build up, which causes the improvement to the treated area.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon