Are 6 Areas of Liposuction, Mini TT and Fat Transfer to Cheek Safe to Do in One Surgery?

I'm a 5' tall, weigh about 132 lbs, age 45, very healthy. I am considering to do body-jet liposuction on my inner & outer thighs, flank/back, arm, chin, hips, abdomen with mini tummy tuck(removing excess skin only) and fat transfer to my cheek on one surgery under general anestesia. Are these safe to do on one procedure with estimated duration of 4 hours. It will be no more than 3000ml of fat (including blood and fluid) will be removed from all of those area. Please advise. Thank you.

Multiple Areas of Liposuction, Fat Transfer, and Minitummy Tuck

+1

Multiple Areas of Liposuction, Fat Transfer, and Minitummy Tuck can be performed together, particularly given the nonmaximal lipoaspirate and a shorter operating time.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com

Multi site surgery is safe, but...

+1

The safest surgery is no surgery. Longer surgery, more body sites, and more liposuction all correlate with more risks. 

Cosmetic surgery done under general anesthesia in 4 hours, surgery on those multiple sites, and liposuction of no more than 3000ml are all generally accepted to be safe.

Remember: all surgery has risks. 

Bethesda Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction safety

+1

No problem doing these procedure at one setting. I personally do not like performing surgery for longer than 6 hours at a time.  You are well within the safety limits, provided, of course, the surgery is done by a qualified surgeon with an anesthesiologist in attendance.

Long procedures are OK with precautions

+1

Healthy individuals can undergo multiple procedures and longer procedures safely.  Our biggest concern is the development of blood clots in the legs, deep vein thrombosis, after the procedure.  The blood clots can break away and spread to the lungs, pulmonary embolism, which can be deadly.  There are many precautions that can be taken before, during and after your procedure to prevent blood clots.  Make sure you understand them before you undergo your procedure and follow them exactly as your surgeon explains them to you. 

Good Luck!

Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Multiple ares of liposuction with mini tummy tuck and fat transfer

+1

I think the question is not if you can do multiple surgeries at single setting but rather if you should. It's wonderful that you are healthy and estimated surgical time is about 4 hours under general anesthesia. The issue that I see with all the areas that are been treated is turning and positioning during the surgery and post-op recovery. With all the areas been liposuctioned, I would expect more fat should be removed otherwise you may still have significant amount of residual fat at the areas that were treated. This in turn may require revision in the future to achieve the best contouring possible. The flanks, hips, outer thighs and arms are best approached with you lying on your side. The back and inner thighs are best treated with you on your stomach. The  chin, front part of the inner thighs, and abdomen require the surgery to be done with you on your back. That's multiple repositioning of your body during the same surgery. Your surgical plan is certainly doable but probably not optimal in terms of minimizing repositioning during anesthesia and recovery period. After the surgery, you will have a hard time just getting in and out of bed because your face, neck, upper extremity, trunk, and lower extremity (your entire body) is going be very sore and hurting which severely limits your early post-operative mobility. Please consider your surgical options carefully.

Sincerely,

Stewart Wang, MD FACS, Wang Plastic Surgery

Liposuction with fat transfer

+1

liposuction of the thighs, backs, and flanks is very safe, as long as you are of good health and are having your procedure by a board certified plastic surgeon. it is also a good idea to put the fat to good use and trasnfer to the face or other areas for rejuvination. I routinely perform the combination of liposuction, mini-tummy tuck, with fat grafting. It is a great idea.

Web reference: http://www.beautifulself.com