How Many Areas of Lipo Can Be Treated at the Same Time?

I did consult a Dr and they told me that it was okay for me to get liposuction on my upper and lower abdomen flanks and back and also get breast implants at the same time. Is that safe? Im 19 years old 170 pounds healthy

Breast Aug and lipo safe?

+1

You are young and healthy so you should be fine. Liposuction is a relatively safe procedure as long as some basic parameters are followed.  Adding a breast augmentation, is safe as long as the OR time is not excessive and more than 5liers of fat is not being removed in an outpatient setting. 

Liposuction of the Abdomen, Flanks, and Back and Breast Augmentation

+1

I frequently liposuction all of those areas and take out the maximum of 5 liters and combine that with a breast augmentation.  This takes me no more than 1.5 hours, and this is safe for a young, healthy person.  Find the plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of liposuctions and breast augmentations each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Safety of Liposuction

+1

Liposuction is a relatively safe procedure if done properly.  The amount of areas treated doesn't matter as much as the amount of fat being removed.  Generally, if the amount aspirated is less than 5 liters, liposuction can be done safely in an outpatient setting.  As far as adding a breast augmentation, that is safe as well if the amount of time in the operating room is limited. 

Safety First: How Much Liposuction Can Be Done At One Time?

+1

Liposuction came to the United States in 1982 at the famous ASPS meeting in Honolulu.  Since that time, there have been many positive changes and standards set.  In general, it is accepted in Hawaii and California, if not throughout the entire U.S., that 5 liters of liposuction aspirate is the upper limit in volume of liposuction that can be done on an out patient basis.  

The number of areas suctioned is of minimal consequence.  The most important variables that your plastic surgeon will consider are total volume and the amount of apparent blood in the aspirate, i.e. if what is suctioned out is pure yellow, there is minimal problem.  If your surgeon is suctioning out much more blood than fat, then the total amount to be removed would decrease accordingly.

Liposuction of your upper and lower abdomen, flanks and back with a breast augmentation sounds like a reasonable and safe amount of surgery to be done at one setting.  But, of course, SAFETY FIRST!  Therefore, your plastic surgeon may decrease the amount of liposuction promised based on intra operative findings. 

Liposuction Safety

+1
Liposuction can be very safe if performed properly. Although the number of areas is important, The amount of fluid injected and aspirated is much more important when discussing safety in liposuction. If you are healthy and the amount of injection and aspiration is within the safety standards, then you should be fine. Just make sure the surgery center is a fully approved center.