How Many Areas Can Be Done in One Visit?

I want to remove my fat at my inner & outer thigh , lower tummy , waist (love handles). Normally , is it too much to remove in one times ? Or should I spilt for twice?

Liposuction of multiple areas

+1

Liposuction is often performed on multiple areas in one session and can be safely undertaken as long as the total aspirate is monitored.  Large volume procedures require careful patient selection as well as precise fluid and post-operative monitoring.

Web reference: http://www.drpedyganchi.com

Ridgewood Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction

+1

Combining multiple areas of liposuction is a very common practice. However, your plastic surgeon will help you determine if you approach the threshold for excess volume loss. Typically, under 5 L of liposuction is safe. Over this amount and you risk hypovolemia which can cause cardiovascular compromise. If the areas you are interested in improving require more contouring with small volume loss, up 5 areas would be reasonable. If the areas need more large volume liposuction, 1-3 areas is more appropriate.

Westchester Plastic Surgeon

Not too many areas for liposuction

+1

The areas you have mentioned are typically done in one setting under general anesthesia as an outpatient procedure. These areas typically do not exceed 5 liters in most good liposuction candidates. At times one may opt to undergo more than one session if they wish not to have general anesthesia where there are limits of how many areas are treated at any one session.

Web reference: http://www.AristocratPS.com/body-procedures/liposuction/

Liposuction is not limited by the number of areas. It is the toal amount of volume removed that matters.

+1

Thank you for your question. Liposuction is not limited by the number of areas. It is the toal amount of volume removed that matters.

As long as the volume removed is less than about 5 Liters, then liposuction can be performed safely on an outpatient basis with relatively low risk of complications.

The limit varies from state to state.

The American Society of Plastic Surgeons has some safety information regarding liposuction.  See attached link.

Web reference: http://www.plasticsurgery.org/cosmetic-procedures/liposuction.html?sub=Liposuction%20risks%20and%20safety%20information

Liposuction

+1

It is not simply a matter of the number of areas but how much fat is to be removed in total.  If this exceeds a certain amount, taking you into high volume liposuction, then  the surgical morbidity is significantly increased.   In that case,  I would recommend splitting the thighs from the abdomen and love handles. The recuperation will be much faster.