Are Clear Braces More Expensive?

Do the tooth colored braces cost more than traditional metal braces?

Does Invisalign Cost More?

+1

In the NY region, "invisible" (not traditional ceramic) braces often are around the same price as tradtional wire braces.  Despite being quite a bit more costly to the Dentist in terms of lab fees, I find that most Dentists in the greater New York area are on par with conventional braces.  So at least in our area, let your desires be a guide, not price.

Long Island Cosmetic Dentist

Cost for clear braces

+1

I'm not sure if you mean Invisalign or ceramic brackets when you say clear braces. In any case, there can sometimes be a higher cost for Invisalign and clear braces. The reasons are that the lab fee involved with Invisalign is quite high and the amount of time and training that it can require to place clear braces is greater than placing traditional metal brackets. Also, in both cases, most patients are paying for convenience and a better appearance.

Gerilyn Alfe, DMD
Chicago Cosmetic Dentist

Clear braces usually more expensive, but often not by much

+1

The lab cost with devices such as Invisalign is quite a bit more than traditional metal braces. As a result, the fee  is more. That is not always the case, but more often than not it should be expected.

Lance Timmerman, DMD
Seattle Cosmetic Dentist