Can Botox Help Overly Arched Eyebrows?

Hello, I have pretty arched eyebrows, I was wondering if there is any surgical or non-surgical procedure, that can make them more droopy or sunken in. I was thinking botox can paralyze the skin, could it maybe make my eyebrows look more droopy and sunken?

Botullinum Toxin (Dysport and Botox) and overly arched eyebrows.

+1

The use of Botullinum Toxin (Dysport and Botox) to diminish overlyarched eyebrows is possible using preferential injections to strategic areas.

Botox - help arched eyebrows

+1

Botox can definitely help flatten your arched eyebrows.  However, before you jump ahead to a procedure, make sure you discuss with your doctor exactly what look you want.  They will be able to assess your anatomy, brow position etc... and give you a good understanding of what your final result will be.

Dr. Cat Begovic M.D.

Catherine Huang-Begovic, MD

Botox can bring high eyebrows down

+1

Careful strategic injections of BOTOX can soften and lower high eyebrows if this will help your expression.  But be aware that the "high brow" may be a result of droopy eyelid position or excess upper lid skin, and you may find yourself straining to open your eyes.  Make sure your physician is thorough in their evaluation of your facial expressions before paralyzing a functional muscle that could worsen your situation.

Randy Wong, MD
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Botox & eyebrow shape

+1

Botox can definitely help with your condition. Apart from the hairs, shape of eyebrow can be modified by relaxing specific muscles that ordinarily raise or lower different parts of the brow. An experienced botox injector: dermatologist, ophthalmologist, or plastic surgeon can easily help you accomplish your desired shape.

Khaled El-Hoshy, MD
Detroit Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox or a Browlift would be an excellent option to help you with your arch in your eyebrows

+1

Botox would be an excellent option to help you with your arch in your eyebrows.  Whereever the arch is more exaggerated you can place a small amount of botox like 1-5 units to to lower the arch.  It could require more than one shot over each arch depending on how the arch is shaped.  I would start conservative and find the right amount for you.  For a more permanent solution, you can do a brow lift in a differential way to shape the eyebrows.  It could entail elevating the lower portion or lowering the arched portion. 

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Purposeful lowering of unaesthetic high arched eyebrows

+1

If you are displeased with the natural high arch in your eyebrow, and provided this is the way you have been for most of your life, and that you are not actively raising the eyebrow to keep up your droopy upper eyelid, then a very small amount of Botox or Dysport can be placed in the mid horizontal line of the forehead above the arch. It should be a very small amount as it is easier to add to this consevative amount a few weeks later than it is to correct a too-droopy eyebrow if too much is used.  The Botox or Dysport should not be placed too close to the eyebrow in this vertical plane as it could risk drooping of the upper eyelid which can obstruct your upper field of vision. Be certain to see an experienced dermatologist or plastic surgeon for a consultation.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Arched eyebrows and Botox

+1

Certainly select botox injections can make arched eyebrows. And, dropping the brows can also take place with the right Botox injection technique.

Botox and Arched eyebrows or peaked eyebrows.

+1

Typically, most women want their eyebrows elevated, but Botox can bring the eyebrows down as well.  Depending on the location of injection and amount of units injected, you can alter the position of the eyebrow.  It may however give you a heavy feeling to your forehead and brows.  Hope that helps.

Etai Funk, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon