Would a Arasys Fix my Lose Skin the Dr Left Me After a Tummy Tuck? (photo)

Would Arasys fix my lose skin the doctor left me after my tummy tuck???

A Panniculectomy falls short of a full tummy tuck

+1

It looks like you had an insurance procedure called a Functional Abdominal Panniculectomy.  An elective cosmetic tummy tuck would correct this but is not covered by insurance. I do not know of anything nonsurgical that would correct this result.  I hope this helps.

Terrible Tummy Tuck Outcomes Very Difficult to Correct Completely

+1

Hi there-

I'm very sorry that you are learning through experience what I try so very hard to prevent women from going through-

If you choose your surgeon poorly, or for the wrong reasons (most often low price), you may pay for the rest of your life, or even with it.

You need to find a talented surgeon Certified by The American Board of Plastic Surgery and discuss your options for improvement. I'm afraid achievement of a lovely and natural appearance may never be possible for you now, but at least some improvement may help you feel less self-conscious.

Armando Soto, MD

Revision

+1

I am so sorry to see this outcome. I think you should see a board certified plastic surgeon to see what can be done to improve your results. Nothing short of surgical revision will be of significant help. Good luck!

William H. Gorman, MD

+1

Your courage is to be complimented. The result is less than acceptable. Only a revisional surgery can improve this result. Sorry. 

Would a Arasys Fix my Lose Skin the Dr Left Me After a Tummy Tuck?

+1

I have not seen a post-tummy tuck result like this before.  A lower or mini tummy tuck was performed in a situation where a full tummy tuck was needed due to loose skin above the belly button.  More unusually, the irregular scar is very high...I am not sure what the reason for that was.  The scar should have been placed low, down beneath a lower bathing suit or pants line.  There are irregularities in the upper tummy that look like some sort of liposuction procedure was performed there.  If this procedure was performed by a properly board-certified plastic surgeon (that is, one certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery), I would be absolutely shocked.  These results would suggest that the surgeon did not understand how the procedure should be planned and performed.  Non-surgical options would be useless, in my opinion...you need a revision full tummy tuck to release the belly button, pull the skin of the FULL tummy down to tighten it, and TRY to lower the scar as much as your skin will allow. The scar may never go down as far as ideal, but it should at least move down to some degree. Please make sure to get a detailed consultation from a board-certified plastic surgeon.

Robert M. Grenley, MD

Need revision surgery

+1

I agree with my peers, no mininally invasive techniques will help significantly.  You need surgical revision to correct what I see in the pictures.  I find it hard to think a board certified plastic surgeon performed your procedure and you should make sure you get another opinion in your area.

Vishnu Rumalla, MD

Arasys for tummy tuck

+1

I had never heard of Arasys, so I went on their web site.  If it is like many other non surgical skin tightening  machines, it probably at best works to a minor degree and could be temporary.  The photos you show indicate that you essentially need to have to procedure redone, tightening the muscles and removing more skin.  I don't  see a scar around your navel which indicates you had a mini tummy tuck, when you really required a full tummy tuck.  Fortunately a mini tuck can usually be converted to a full tuck and I think this would work well in your situation.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Poor tummy tuck result and options for improvement

+1

I would certainly agree with the sentiments from the other surgeons.  This result demonstrates several elements that seem to indicate this was not performed by a board certified plastic surgeon.  I would highly recommend you do not seek out a "quick fix" with Arasys and instead seek out a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon for an opinion on your options.

good luck

Sean A. Simon, MD

Tummy Tuck result

+1

I am so sorry to see this result in what appears to be a perfect candidate for a well done Tummy Tuck. You look to be fit and trim, with loose skin that should have been tightened from the rib cage down. I agree that your result does not appear to be from a surgeon Board Certified in Plastic Surgery. The scar is much too high and looks lumpy around the back.  The upper abdomen does not look like it has been treated at all. Unfortunately, many physicians are dabbling in plastic surgery with little or no training. A complete revision of this Tummy Tuck should be done after consulting with a reputable Board Certified surgeon and seeing lots of their postoperative patient photographs. Unfortunately, I have seen patients just like you present to my clinic for revisions after spending a lot of time and money elsewhere to end up just like you. Do your research carefully,  Best of luck to you in your search.

James A. Hoffman, MD
Saint Paul Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck poor result

+1

I am in agreement with Dr. DeMars; unless you had severe abdominal scarring from previous procedures such as a hysterectomy or other major abdominal procedures, your result appears not to have the hallmarks of a procedure performed by a board certified plastic surgeon, especially with regards to the position of the scar, the management of the navel, and the result of the upper abdominal skin.

You should seek a second opinion with plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

Ricardo Izquierdo, MD
Oak Brook Plastic Surgeon