How can I remove a birthmark?

We'll it's not a birthmark, since those spots appeared in my tummy when I was 2 years old, but the doctors I went to see said its a birthmark and there is nothing I can do about it.

How can I remove a birthmark?

+1
Hello!  Thank you for your question it is necessary to view photos and/or perform an examination to understand the etiology of your birthmark. Treatment options range from surgical excision to laser to steroids to sclerosing agents, and others. Consult with a plastic surgeon who can examine and discuss the various options with you.  Best wishes!

Birthmark removal

+1
Hi

A birthmark is quite a vague term and medically speaking, can represent quite a wide variety of conditions. The treatment will of course depend on the exact nature. Most of the times the treatment involves surgery (to cut or shave off the mark) or laser (in vascular lesions to shrink the blood vessels responsible).
If you need further advise, please post some photographs.

Hope this helps.

Anindya Lahiri, MBBS
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon