Nasal labial folds fillers - it's been 7 days and I haven't seen any improvement. Does it take time for the effects to appear?

I have had fillers done to my nasal labial folds 7 days ago and hadn't seen any improvement ever since. Should I be worried or does it take time for effects to start appearing?

Filler for nasolabial folds

+1
You should notice the effects of your filler immediately but it can take up to two weeks to see the full benefit, especially if there was any bruising.  If you do not notice any improvement, please return to your injector.  An experienced injector can assess your face and determine where the filler should be placed and the amount needed to give you a pleasing result.

Toronto Dermatologist

Fillers for Nasolabial folds

+1
You should have seen immediate improvement after injections done. You might not have had enough filler or the filler might need to be placed differently. I often discourage filler being placed right into the folds as the problem is often volume loss in mid-face which when corrected, pulls up NLF. Sometimes the patient tells me that they can only afford a small amount of filler. In that case I might try to go right for the fold but that is not the best way to do this job in most cases. A photo would help.,

Jo Herzog, MD
Birmingham Dermatologist

Results from fillers

+1
The fillers most typically used in the nasolabial fold will give an immediate improvement with some mild improvement afterwards.  At this point, if you haven't noticed any improvement, it seems unlikely you will notice any improvement.  Of course, this depends on what filler you used.  The most typical filler for this area are the hyaluronic acids, such as Juvederm and Restylane.

Seeking a skilled injector is most important when placing fillers.  This can have a big effect on your results as well as how much filler you need for certain areas.

Roxanne Sylora, MD

Nasolabial folds and fillers

+1
If you did not get the result you wanted with filler into the folds, perhaps you need more or maybe a facelift if you have cheek descent. Best to be seen in person.

Nasolabial Fold Fillers

+1
The results of fillers are visible at the time of injection. Initially, there may be some associated swelling and as this settles over the next few days the final results are seen. If you did not have the correction that you were intending you should discuss with your doctor and and you may require more volume. Remember that nasolabial folds are a natural part of the face and depending on your age complete effacement may not be the ideal aesthetic. Good luck.
Regards
Dr Guy Watts

Guy Watts, MBBS (Hons), FRACS (Plast)
Australia Plastic Surgeon

Fillers

+1
Fillers are intended to fill in depressed lines, wrinkles, and/or depressions.  Unlike Botox which takes a few days to work, the results from fillers should be seen immediately.  They don't take several days for the results to appear.  It's not going to get any better than it is right now.

Edwin C. Pound, III, MD

Fillers done 7 days ago with no results

+1
Depends on what filler you had placed.  If you had a hyaluronic acid filler such as Juvederm, Restylane, or Perlane the results should be immediate.  If anything, you are more swollen immediately and this swelling resolves in the first 2-3 days.  If you had Sculptra, it may take 4-6 weeks to see a change.  The best place to start would be with the physician that injected you.  He/she should be able to tell you what they used and what to expect.

Trey Aquadro, M.D.
Auburn, AL

Ralph Trey Aquadro, MD
Auburn Plastic Surgeon

Nasolabial fold fillers

+1
You should notice some improvement immediately after the injections, but it may take a few weeks to achieve the final result. If you think there is no difference at 2-3 weeks, you should discuss this with your doctor.

Mitesh Kapadia, MD, PhD
Boston Oculoplastic Surgeon