Are my Breasts Swollen After Explantation or Will They Stay This Size?

2 days ago my implants 325cc where removed with partial removal of pockets. Doctor drained liquid and just removed drainers. I see my breasts larger compearing to my previous size 34B. Now they look to me as 36 C. I am very happy with the looks and I am wondering if they are just swollen, or if they are going to stay that way? P.S. Before implants I weighted 15 lb less. What happens to my breasts if I lose weigh? Thank you

Size of breasts after removal of implants (explantation)

+3

If you are 15 pounds heavier than your pre-implantation weight it, it is very likely that your native breast tissue is larger. Losing weight will likely result in some loss of breast volume. This varies tremendously from one individual to another. In regards to your immediate situation, it is very likely that you may have a small fluid collection in the residual pocket as well as some tissue edema accounting for swellin of the breast. This will likely diminish as the inflammatio resolves and the remaining capsule resorbs. This may take up to nine months to achieve a truly stable result.

Breast after implant removal

+2

More than likely your breasts are just swollen, but if you gained weight since before you had your implants placed, your breast volume may be more than what you started with.

Unfortunately, your larger breast size will decrease once the swelling subsides.

+1

If your breast appear larger following the explantation then this is undoubtedly the result of post-op swelling. Ultimately, this swelling will resolve and your true smaller size will appear. The fact that  your breasts appear to be so much larger then when implanted suggests the  existence of an excessive amount of residual fluid. This  may signal the need to replace the drainage tubes to avoid complications. Question your surgeon about this. When the swelling resolves should your breasts then appear larger this would suggest that your weight gain is responsible for this increase.Therefore, should you lose weight you might then lose some breast size.

David A. Ross, MD

Breast Implant Removal

+1

If you are larger now than your were before with implants then there is something going on.  I would guess that it is a seroma or fluid collection that is building up there to give you the volume.

You may need some testing like US or CT to evaluate for this.

Good luck.

Farbod Esmailian, MD

Lager Breasts after Breast Implant Removal

+1

Logic would suggest that if

Small Breasts+Implants = Larger Breasts

then

Breasts - Implants SHOULD = SMALLER breasts

If this is not true and your breasts are larger after breast implant removal than before something OTHER than the implant must be causing the breast to be larger. I would guess that your breasts contain inflammatory fluid (seroma) which needs to bed drained. A CT scan or Ultrasound would be helpful in diagnosing this.