I Had Aquamid Injection on my Nose a Year Ago,now I Wish to Have Rhinoplasty Surgery, is It Possible?

+1

The Aquamid was injected below the skin and would be visible during the typical tissue dissection associated with a Rhinoplasty.  Choose an experienced Rhinoplasty Surgeon that understands and follows the proper aesthetics of facial (and nasal) beauty for the creation of a naturally more attractive nose and face.  

Rhinoplasty following fillers whether Aquamid or Juvederm / Restylane should be safe.

+1

Thank you for your question.  I have extensive experience with Aquamid.  Provided this was injected properly and you have not had any complications this should not pose any problems with a Rhinoplasty.  Your goals and anatomy will need to be assessed carefully before a suitable plan is discussed with you.  Good luck. 

Christopher J. Inglefield, MBBS, FRCS
London Plastic Surgeon

Aquamid is permanent filler so it makes it a bit more complicated

+1

Dear Qq mommy,

A lot of patients these days have had fillers of various types injected in their nose prior to getting surgery with us. In your case it is important to note that Aquamid is a permanent filler and depending on where in your nose it was injected it may be able to be removed or worked around.

Make sure you see a surgeon who specializes in rhinoplasty. Patients like you who have had injections need to be aware of all the issues involved as well as what can be achieved.

Peyman Solieman ,MD

Peyman Solieman, MD