Aquamid Removal from Cheeks

I Had Too Much Aquamid Injected in my Cheeks.Can You Please Tell Me How to Remove Some.I Cannot Find Any Answers on the Internet

Aquamid

+1

Hello and thank you for the question.

Aquamid is cross-linked polyacrylamide injectable filler.  Depending on the injection style that your clinician used, it may be possible to remove the product through a needle extraction technique. If the product was injected in a "depot" fashion whereby it was aliquotted in one general area, then extraction is possible, and especially if it was injected in a sub-periosteal plane. Alternatively if the injection was performed in the soft-tissue utilizing a technique such as fanning or any other technique whereby theh product is dispersed over any given area, it would be very difficult if not impossible to extract. I would need further information regarding your clinician's technique in order to give you a formal opinion as to what your options are. 

I would advise consulting with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in order to get an evaluation and management plan for you.

Glenn Vallecillos, M.D., F.A.C.S. 

Web reference: http://www.beverlyhillscosmeticsurgeon.com/fillers-injectables.php