Aquamid - Safe for Nasolabial Folds?

just wanted to know if aquamid is safe for n/l folds filling..how many syringes on average would be needed , i know it depends on individual and how deep the fold is ? But lets say average?

Avoid Aquamid and avoid disasters

+2

Aquamid like so many other permanent and semipermanent fillers out there are very likely to cause problems if infected into the face.  In general these products are or become less elastic and cause atrophy of facial fat and actually cause premature aging.  All semipermanent and permanent fillers are also prone to granuloma formation and even late infections.  In my practice the only two fillers I use are noncohesive hyaluronic such as Juvederm or fat grafting.  These are both very safe and controlable.  You should realize however that filling the nasolabial fold alone is usually not a good idea.  The nasolabial fold deepens as the malar fat descends radially.  It is best to address the malar and under eye region which then makes the nasolabial fold less apparent and the entire face rejuvenated.

Rian A. Maercks M.D.

Aquamid for naso labial folds

+1

While Aquamid is safe and an excellent choice for management of naso labial folds. Regretably, it is not FDA approved for use in the United States for the time being. In the UK you should be set however.

Glenn Vallecillos, M.D., F.A.C.S. 

Glenn Vallecillos, MD