Appx. How Long Will Treatment for Braces Be to Close my Gap? (photo)

I have a gap between my front teeth and between my bottom teeth. I don't have insurance, so I will be paying out of pocket if i decide to get braces. Is there an estimate cost you can tell me by look at the pictures? And approximately how long do you think it will take?

More than just a gap :-)

+2

Hi

I realize your primary concern is just the space between your front teeth. Your pictures also show that your upper and lower teeth don't touch in the front and your lower teeth are slightly in front of the upper row. Closing the spaces usually happens at about 1mm per month so your gap can be easily closed. However the problem is when you close the upper space without addressing your bite, you might end up in an underbite. It is best you go see an orthodontist to evaluate your teeth to get a better idea

Vijay Bhagia, DMD, MS, Orthodontist, Houston TX.

Houston Orthodontist

Treatment time is only a guess

+2

Fees vary dramatically from city to city and office to office, so you would need to actually see a few orthodontists to see what the cost would be.  Time for treatment is merely a guess, and changes as the case continues.  Cases range from 6 months to 3 years, and varies depending on goals.

Web reference: http://www.DrTimmerman.com

Seattle Cosmetic Dentist