Appt with a PS 12/18. I have tricare prime as my insurance so I had to see my primary doctor to get a referral? (photo)

I am 5'4 124 pounds and a 34dd I also have back pain and see a pain specialist for that so I can provide documentation. I am just scared they are going to want to take to much off and I will be unhappy. I also have one enlarged right breast and I know everyone has one bigger than the other I just feel like mine is so noticeable in bathing suit etc. So is asking at 34 big C not enough for insurance to cover?

Appt with a PS 12/18. I have tricare prime as my insurance so I had to see my primary doctor to get a referral?

+1

My over internet guess is you will not be approved for reduction surgery because the needed to remove at least 500 gms per side or a pound per side would leave you in the B cup range...

Breast Reduction and Insurance

+1

Most insurance companies require that a minimum of 500 grams of breast tissue needs to be removed to qualify for coverage. You should see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon that specializes in breast surgery to help you get authorization for your surgery, but discuss in advance what your desires are and be sure to understand your options. Good luck.

Miguel Delgado, Jr., MD