Is It Possible To Approximate the amount of Tissue Removal to Go from 38G to 38C?

Volume from 38G to 38C

+2

The precise volume to remove is difficult to say without examining you.  I wouldn't focus on the cup size because it is very hard to know exactly what the final cup will be. Every bra manufacturer has different standards.

+2

It is a guessimate of at least 1,000 grams per side to go from a "G" to a "C" cup size. But over the internet without a posted photo very hard to advise. See 3 boarded PSs in your area, like Dr Otto Plaick. As far as differing techniques in over 34 years of practice breast reductions all can have scars, be careful out there. 

Approximating amount removed for Breast Reductions

+2

Ok, here are the basics...

• 1 cup size is roughly equal to 200cc's
  • This number varies with height and weight of patient
  • So, if you are looking to go from a G to a C; approx 600-800g would have to be removed

Now, I have developed a revolutionary technique that completely eliminates the vertical scar that most ,if not all women find extremely unattractive. I am able to use your excess skin and attach that to your chest wall to lift your breasts more permanently than the standard techniques. I also make an internal cone from your tissue so that a more appealing shape is achieved. I have reduced larger breasted women than you without having to do a nipple graft. Actually, patients that undergo my technique have increased nipple sensitivity afterward!  Do your research and good luck! Hope this helps!

Web reference: http://www.horndeski.com/Default.aspx

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Breast reduction

+1

Unfortunately, no one can give you a precise answer to your question.

It is however, very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” or "fake looking" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.
I have found the use of pictures very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible ( although no system is 100% accurate).

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_breastreduction.htm

An experienced surgeon can tell you

+1

Most patients present for reduction looking for a certain post-operative cup size, but as mentioned previously, cup sizes vary by brand, and volume varies by band width.  After examining a patient, I can guesstimate the amount required to get a person from their starting point to their end point, and usually I feel like I'm within a hundred grams or so of being accurate.  

That being said, the most important aspect is communicating to your surgeon what you want, so he or she can deliver it.  I find that asking my patients to bring in an "after" photo from the web or my books that has roughly the outcome the patient wants on roughly the same body size is very effective.  Given that visual image, I can really accurately deliver the result the patient wants.

Folsom Plastic Surgeon

It's not what you take out but what you have left.

+1

The short answer is no.  But it is clearly in excess of 500 grams per side, which is sometimes important for insurance coverage.  I suppose I wonder why you are interested.  I tend not to be very interested in the amount I take out, but rather what I have left to make the breast shape and size as attractive as possible, while still very much reduced.  The important question to ask is what type of reduction you are having.  Vertical is best in terms of shape and minimizing scarring, although not all surgeons use it and some that do prefer an inverted-T reduction for large cases such as you.  If your surgeon recommends nipple grafting, I'd look further.  It is best avoided.  I have a rule of 10 - if you see 10 examples of results you'd be happy with, then you are likely to be satisfied yourself.

Web reference: http://www.swansoncenter.com/content/ideal-breast/procedures/breast-reduction/patient-photographs.asp

Kansas City Plastic Surgeon