Approximately How Much Would It Cost to Have Tattoo Excision Done on a Small Tattoo?

I have a small red heart with a black outline on my ribcage. It is the size of a fingernail. I have dark skin, so I don't think that laser removal will work well on me. I don't care about having a scar from the excision. How much would excision cost if I go to a qualified surgeon? Thanks!

Hi There,

I wanted to include a link here that may help you with your research. It should direct you to the the average costs that other community members have paid for Tattoo Removal.

Hopefully this helps!

Tattoo excision varies greatly from doctor to doctor. I would estimate about $500.

It is difficult to tell for sure without seeing the tattoo and location, so $500 is pure guess.  It could be more or less for your tattoo excision.

Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon