Approximately how much will it cost to get a ear pinning surgery in or around LA? Is it usually covered by insurance? (photo)

I'm a 15 year old male.

Otoplasty or Ear Pinning Cost

+1

Otoplasty in San Diego can range from 3,000 to 6,000 dollars. This is a relatively simple office procedure for adults and results are usually very satisfying. I have never heard of insurance paying for this procedure.

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Approximately how much will it cost to get a ear pinning surgery in or around LA? Is it usually covered by insurance?

+1

Ear pinning is cosmetic, will not be covered by insurance, and may cost $3000 on the low end.

The cost of ear pinning or otoplasty

+1

thank you for the question.

No I do not believe insurance will cover this.

The out of pocket costs can be anywhere from 3000 to around $6000. the higher ranges of cost would be situations where you're undergoing anesthesia or sedation for your surgery but the procedure can be performed under local anesthesia very safely and effectively.

Chase Lay, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon